Hy-per Lube HPZ212 discontinued?

Can't find it on the Rislone website and links to the old hyperlube.com just redirect to Rislone, ordered a couple bottles on Amazon and I'm crossing my fingers I get the right stuff. If I do I'm stocking up, if I don't I'll send it back. My understanding is it's a fancy PolyEster oil, really bad question though... Could I add some HVAC system PolyEster oil and get the same end results? I think the answer is no for a lot of good reasons but asking dumb stuff is a good way to learn.

I could, sell me on it...?
I run it, several members here run it. Some of us ( I have ) toured the facility. I won't try to sell you on it, as everyone has to make their own informed decisions. You are interested in ester oils, they produce just that.

When i use up my oil on hand, i am switching to HPL in my other engines.

Warranty wise ,I am probably on my own , using this in an engine under warranty. Ram wants you to run an MS-12633 oil. But i have full confidence in what i'm running.

Do your research.

Search HPL here on bitog. Several threads you can research. Here are a few.

Last edited:
I run it, several members here run it. Some of us ( I have ) toured the facility. I won't try to sell you on it, as everyone has to make their own informed decisions. You are interested in ester oils, they produce just that.

When i use up my oil on hand, i am switching to HPL in my other engines.

Warranty wise ,I am probably on my own , using this in an engine under warranty. Ram wants you to run an MS-12633 oil. But i have full confidence in what i'm running.

Do your research.

Search HPL here on bitog. Several threads you can research. Here are a few.

Great places to start, thank you. Does this oil have the same claim to better retain film on surfaces during long storage?

Can't find it on the Rislone website and links to the old hyperlube.com just redirect to Rislone, ordered a couple bottles on Amazon and I'm crossing my fingers I get the right stuff. If I do I'm stocking up, if I don't I'll send it back. My understanding is it's a fancy PolyEster oil, really bad question though... Could I add some HVAC system PolyEster oil and get the same end results? I think the answer is no for a lot of good reasons but asking dumb stuff is a good way to learn.

Ordered a total of 6 bottles which at 1/2 bottle per oil change and about 1 5,000 mile oil change a year should last me *crunches numbers* a very long time.

Ordered a total of 6 bottles which at 1/2 bottle per oil change and about 1 5,000 mile oil change a year should last me *crunches numbers* a very long time.
Bitter where did you purchase? amazon? 13.99 is a good price..

They list both supplements on their site still: https://rislone.com/product-categories/engine/

OP, after perusing the internet. I concur with you that hyperlube zra may be discontinued. Thanks for the heads up. HPL blends outstanding oil.

Hot Shot FR3 is an ester additive if you run out and want something similar to the Rislone. I don't know much about it but if you want something ester based

I was just going to post a new thread on this but figure I can just post my findings here. I too purchased a 6-pack of the Hy-Per Lube Zinc Supplement on amazon thinking I was getting a great deal on that old product I loved. It wasn't until today when I did an oil change and used it did I actually look at it and realize how different it is from the pre-Rislone product.

The easy to spot differences are the new bottle shape, colour, size 325ml (vs 355ml), now says Rislone on it and instead of "Zinc Replacement" it says "Zinc Supplement"
Also when pouring it is is no longer that thick clear substance, it was definitely less viscous and was a light-yellow oil colour.

Images of the bottles attached for reference:

616J3rEvYUL._AC_SY879_.jpg
71OGt7EzVTL._AC_SY879_.jpg

615TNHdk3mL._AC_SY879_.jpg
619rzzxKo7L._AC_SY879_.jpg

Online description for each product:

Hy-Per Lube Zine Replacement:
In an effort to extend the life of catalytic converters the EPA and the OEM engine manufacturers have instructed the motor oil companies to reduce the levels of ZDDP (zinc dialkyldithiophosphate) in the oil. The ZDDP when present in the exhaust gas can coat the catalyst which results in higher emissions and shortens the service life of the catalytic converter. This reduced ZDDP approach works well to protect the catalytic converters but leaves many older and high performance engines without the proper EP (extreme pressure) wear protection they need to protect the cams, liters and rocker arms. Virtually all non-roller cam designed engines are at risk for significant wear problems. Hy-Per Lube Zinc Replacement Additive contains an exclusive Polymer Ester formula, when added to any motor oil, including the new SM rated oils, will provide TWICE the EP wear protection as high content ZDDP motor oils and is also safe for use in all engines even those with catalytic converters. Hy-Per Lube Zinc Replacement Additive will provide maximum wear protection for cams and lifters in flat tappet cam design engines.

Rislone Hy-Per Lube Zinc Supplement:
Rislone Hy-per Lube Zinc ZDDP Supplement is a petroleum oil performance “booster” containing ZDDP (zinc dialkyldithiophosphate) Zinc and Phosphorous EP (extreme pressure) additives along with mixed esters to help protect internal engine components including pistons, flat tappet camshafts, lifters, pushrod tips and the rest of the valve train. High performance formula stabilizes the motor oil to insure against viscosity and thermal breakdown. Reduces friction & wear, especially at start-up, helping to eliminate dry starts. Less friction means less wear and a cooler running, longer lasting engine. Clinging action keeps bearings and other internal engine parts lubricated where normal oil fails.

Then we get to the SDS for each product:

Hy-Per Lube Zinc Replacement SDS
The only ingredient listed is "Trade Secret Non-hazardous Polymer Ester" a percentage is not given

Rislone Hy-Per lube Zinc Supplement SDS

Phosphorodithioic acid, O,O-di-C1-14-alkyl esters, zinc salts 10- Butenedioic acid (Z)-, dibutyl ester, polymer with 1-hexdecene and 1- tetradecene Calcium petroleum sulfonate Benzenesulfonic acid, C10-16-alkyl derivs., calcium salts
I'm not sure how the whole acquisition of Hy-Per Lube by Rislone went down or if they always owned them, but it definitely appears to be a step down in product quality. By looking at the information available the new Rislone product is an actual zinc booster with a little bit of polymer esters, whereas the old product was purely polymer esters.

Maybe someone else has some insight into this but I won't be buying this product again.

Last edited:
Back