HVAC Insiders- Daikin & Goodman

Daikin is used heavily in certain parts of the world. And I’ve heard high praise. Them and Mitsubishi I think are quite good. Daikin may be more serviceable.

My son is an HVAC sales guy in PA and sells a LOT of Daikin. He and his customers swear by the brand...well built, durable, innovative with very good quality control.

My son is an HVAC sales guy in PA and sells a LOT of Daikin. He and his customers swear by the brand...well built, durable, innovative with very good quality control.
I put one in over a year ago, it is a fine machine, thousands less than the other brands.

They really didn't do anything to improve goodman. Its still crap quality equipment. The sad thing is daikin has put their name tag on some goodman equipment. Actual daikin commercial equipment is good. Daikin residential equipment is just re labeled goodman equipment.
Many thanks!

I have a 3 ton Goodman system that has been great. The guy that installed it did a great job. No issues at all and my bills are less than my old unit. I believe the quality of the installation is the main factor. this installer and his broth installed it and both are in their 60's and have been at heat and AC a long time.

I have a 3 ton Goodman system that has been great. The guy that installed it did a great job. No issues at all and my bills are less than my old unit. I believe the quality of the installation is the main factor. this installer and his broth installed it and both are in their 60's and have been at heat and AC a long time.
How old is your Goodman system?
Thanks.

Is someone trying to sell you Goodman equipment? Also did you figure out your noise issue?
No I was talking to a few hvac guys when I put in another system and many new homes in the area are using them because they are part of the builder package and the thoughts were mixed.
I never had either units.
On my shop system I haven't been using it lately...that time of year. So far so good currently...lol
I will update it once I know pretty soon. Thanks

No I was talking to a few hvac guys when I put in another system and many new homes in the area are using them because they are part of the builder package and the thoughts were mixed.
I never had either units.
On my shop system I haven't been using it lately...that time of year. So far so good currently...lol
I will update it once I know pretty soon. Thanks
Builders use them because they are cheap. New construction is very cut throat too so most hvac contractors are using the cheapest stuff they can get.

The Goodman are builder grade and the HVAC guys say maybe they will last 6 to 8 years. But maybe when you you are building a new house you can not get everything upgraded.

I see a lot of houses with Tyvek house wrap when the really should be using Zipboard. I guess that's an upgrade also.

The Goodman are builder grade and the HVAC guys say maybe they will last 6 to 8 years. But maybe when you you are building a new house you can not get everything upgraded.

I see a lot of houses with Tyvek house wrap when the really should be using Zipboard. I guess that's an upgrade also.
Yes that's what we are talking about. A few builders where I am use Goodman and will not let you use your own guys.. that makes many buyers walk.

What did Daikin do for Goodman as far as innovation and quality-durability if anything?

Not a thing as far as I can tell so far.

I'm a Daikin fanboy and I have questioned my Daikin reps for years about the Goodman purchase. They said they were told from day one that Daikin would "renovate" Goodman like they did McQuay and make it a brand that would rival any of the heralded Residential brands.

It's yet to be seen.... I think for a few reasons -

Goodman enjoys a very healthy market share among developers/apartment builders/etc., because they are CHEAP; HVAC installation costs have more than skyrocketed, especially among cheap, packaged DX equipment/etc., bringing the average installed per-ton costs today to more than $6,000 whereas it was less than $2500 15 years ago.

As far a my opinion -

Daikin - YES
Goodman - NO

They really didn't do anything to improve goodman. Its still crap quality equipment. The sad thing is daikin has put their name tag on some goodman equipment. Actual daikin commercial equipment is good. Daikin residential equipment is just re labeled goodman equipment.

THIS

I can't believe that Daikin is selling basic, packaged rooftop units with their name on it that come out of a Goodman factory.... Boggles my mind!

One thing that makes me shake my head is to ride/drive my multi-million dollar houses and see 3-4 Goodman condensing units sitting outside. Those two things do not compute!

Daikin is high quality mini split heating/cooling systems. I had one in Florida. It had a 12 year warranty. Goodman is builder quality heat pumps and ACs as others on here have said.

Back