Humor can make a difference...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today, I've had quite a frustrating and difficult morning. Without going any further, it put me a bad mood.

But after reading a funny (yet mean) thread on another forum, it turned my mood around for the better.

Its amazing how much of a difference laughing, and reading something funny, can change one's mood so easily, and make such a huge difference in their day.

It's not what you say Pablo, It's what you do that gets the laughs...
grin.gif
lol.gif
lol.gif

quote:

Its amazing how much of a difference laughing, and reading something funny, can change one's mood so easily, and make such a huge difference in their day.

They got pills for that.
wink.gif

Well, I don't have depression and I'm not suicidal, thank you.
tongue.gif

Speaking of which, its time for me to give my other friend a call to make sure she's still alive.
wink.gif

Friends? Eh, I don't think I have any "true" friends, honestly.
frown.gif

Perhaps if I stopped being a jerk, and got rid of my jealousy problems, many of my "bad" days would go away.
tongue.gif

A Stephen king quote comes to mind:
"I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was 12 "

It's true, too. Once you've all grown up, you will likely never make really good, new friends -- the kind of friends who were your brothers when you were a kid. And why is this, you ask? Stephen King has the answer:
"The soil of a man's heart is stonier. "

That's my cheerful commentary for this Tuesday.
grin.gif

quote:

Originally posted by moribundman:
It's true, too. Once you've all grown up, you will likely never make really good, new friends -- the kind of friends who were your brothers when you were a kid.

It wouldn't bother me one bit if I never see anyone that I was friends with, hung out with, or went to school with before I went to university. All my close friends are from university or later. Us engineers can be an odd bunch, and many of us seem to get along best with those of our own kind. Of course, I wouldn't say I was anywhere close to grown up by then (or even now, really).
smile.gif

Sorry TC, that was supposed to be funny. I've outlived all my childhood friends. I regret that I didn't do a better job of keeping in touch with them.

Mike, when times get tough in life, you really find out who your true friends are. Most of those people that you hang out with now you will no longer see after you graduate, so to Hades with them. The ones that truly matter will remain your friends.

offtopic.gif
Mike, I think I am going to give you your own forum called "The life and times of Mike W/The Critic"
grin.gif

A friend is someone who will hide you without asking questions when the stormtroopers come looking for you. How many people like that do you know?
wink.gif

Can't verify this and it IS a generality....

Several studies by researchers looking at the similarities and differences among dirty stinky hairy ugly dudes and fine lithe sensuous dudettes... well, technically, between males and females, found that.....

GENERALLY, males tend to have more friends and make them easier in their younger days but, as males age, they tend to be less sociable, have a harder time making new friends and tend to look more to themselves and immediate family for companionship.

Meanwhile, it's the opposite for females when compared to the dudes.

Thought that was interesting.

Don't know what impact it has on life as we know it but at least the study kept some PhDs off the street, out of gangs, and perhaps kept a lid on the crime rate.

Of course, many ways to define "friend." Most of the bleating sheep humanoids I have interacted with tend to use the term "friend" very loosly and claim to possess a multitude of them. Maybe they do.

On the udder hand, there's crotchety old coots such as I who can not claim to have a single friend but there are acquaintences..... none of which whi have ever entered the shanty and assuredly necer will.

Perhaps a lovely lass carrying yummy food MAY be allowed in but she will have had to meet all the prerequisites and, even then, meeting in a public place, on neutral turf, is more likely.

Of course, if an F4 or F5 tornado is bearing down and you come running to the shanty I would allow thee to enter the cellar and hide. The entrance IS outside and there is no access to the shanty's humble interior from the spider haven below the house. BIG spiders. Big enuff to pose a threat to little kids. Maybe the tornado is preferable?

Yo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back