Hummingbirds are on the way!

We have a feeder that they love. My friend’s parents make 2.5 gallons a day of food for all of their feeders. The air buzzes with the hundreds of hummers they have at their place.
Hmm, I have a feeder and we seem to get only 1 bird every year. They chase the other birds away. We have lots of blooming flowers also. Occasionally see the hummingbird there as well.

How do I get more to come? Should I put up a 2nd feeder?

Hmm, I have a feeder and we seem to get only 1 bird every year. They chase the other birds away. We have lots of blooming flowers also. Occasionally see the hummingbird there as well.

How do I get more to come? Should I put up a 2nd feeder?

We also get one fatter one that likes to run the others off. I’ve had 2 feeders in the past and that helps. My friend’s parents have probably 40 feeders.

We also get one fatter one that likes to run the others off. I’ve had 2 feeders in the past and that helps. My friend’s parents have probably 40 feeders.
They are protective of feeders its their nature. I have 4 spaced out of sight of each other.

My understanding is, that behavior stops when there are too many other hummingbirds to chase off, at that point you cluster the feeders together.

I see a lot of them around the grounds. They are quite the carnivores too raiding the spider webs and the small bugs on trees.

It's really neat when they check out my outside security camera. They really do "hum" when they fly.

Back