HPL 75w-90 gear oil

You said HP gain. Gear oils don't improve the engine's output. That's at the engine itself. All friction reduction can do in the drivetrain is reduce losses.
It is a HP gain, via friction reduction… HP at the crank doesn’t win races, HP at the tires does. Not one single racer is going to complain nor care where extra HP to the tires comes from, other than so they know how. It’s been said NASCAR teams have spent upward of $100k per HP when they’re at the level they are, so to pick up $200k worth of gains for $35 in gear oil seems like a bargain.

It is a HP gain, via friction reduction… HP at the crank doesn’t win races, HP at the tires does. Not one single racer is going to complain nor care where extra HP to the tires comes from, other than so they know how. It’s been said NASCAR teams have spent upward of $100k per HP when they’re at the level they are, so to pick up $200k worth of gains for $35 in gear oil seems like a bargain.
It's not a HP gain. It's less of a drivetrain loss.

A simpleton will take a wheel dynamometer and compare crank HP, and then claim it's a increase in crank HP, which is actually a false statement. to go from wheel hp to crank hp relies on crude estimations. The correct comparison, is the difference in wheel hp, since that was what was modified.

It's not a HP gain. It's less of a drivetrain loss.

A simpleton will take a wheel dynamometer and compare crank HP, and then claim it's a increase in crank HP, which is actually a false statement. to go from wheel hp to crank hp relies on crude estimations. The correct comparison, is the difference in wheel hp, since that was what was modified.
Who said crank HP anywhere? Obviously not me. And my statement is true, crank HP doesn’t win diddly. HP at the tire does, and any gain at the tires is a HP gain in the actual sense. Every HP picked up at the tires, whether a true gain or simply a reduction off loss, WILL make the car faster; something that can not be definitively said when dealing with crank HP. We don’t race engine dynos, we race cars.

You could have 500HP at the crank with 30% drivetrain loss (loose converter, poor tranny & diff fluid choice) and get smoked by somebody with 450HP with 10% drivetrain loss in an otherwise identical car.

Looks like HPL has just released a Differential Life Cleaner in 80W-90.

@High Performance Lubricants, is the guidance for this similar to the engine cleaner? Use Differential Life in a clean diff, and this new cleaner in a neglected diff for a safer cleaning over time?

I'm restoring a car that had a plugged front diff breather, which resulted in light sludge coating everything...
Yes it is the same approach. Thanks for asking.

David
Amazing! I, too, am interested in keeping my diff as clean as possible. It sure does work hard and could use some cleaning. Same approach as the EC, it is DC.. Got it.

Quick question for you, @High Performance Lubricants .. Is the formulation of it such that a 75W-90 was not possible? Just because of possible winter use.. I am aware you specify 1/5th the capacity so it may not be a factor, but, inquiring minds would love to know. Thank You also for making the product, and all that you do!

Amazing! I, too, am interested in keeping my diff as clean as possible.

I thought you were a Motul guy. Just a couple of weeks ago you posted this:

I did go ahead and get the Motul 300. I put enough miles on my car.. I needed that piece of mind. And I have been known to drive HARD.

109055.jpg

I thought you were a Motul guy. Just a couple of weeks ago you posted this:
1. Got the "wrong Motul?" Looks like I might not have got the Gear 300 which is "the good one." I got "Motyl Gear." No 300. So. Fail, on my part.

2. Concerned about a small noise my diff is making.

3. No loyalty to Motul, just found it easier to order.

So, no, I would say I am NOT a "Motul guy" (though it is highly praised by those in my car's community. We need to get HPL product recognition out there more. I'm down for that too.)

Maybe small sticker for side window? To aid High Performance Lubricants name recognition, as a viable alternative to these other top-tier options. HPL needs increasing name recognition.

For applications requiring more FM additive than already blended, can you offer an additional quantity for purchase?

Curious if there is any "first change" advice for using the gear oil like there is when using the engine oil?

Not expecting any crud, but should it be an extra short first interval? 10k or so?

Back