HPL 75w-90 gear oil

I can't believe you didn't go with HPL. Why?

They are your favorite blender. Doesn't it feel like cheating when you use another brand?

You said this yourself last year:

Wow-Memes-7.jpeg
There are many factors and forces at work here, same how I got 6 jugs Amazon Basics 0W-40 at $6.73 per jug. Some involve being better with money and things like that. I plan on purchasing more EC before the May event. So more info as to your question.. I *believe* what was going on in my head, is/was, that I wanted to baseline it with the Motul, because I can always siphon out the fluid and put some HPL in on the spot for my 3rd visit to the facility in May. I don't think I'm "cheating on the brand" as I purchased their oil and EC on multiple occasions. The Subaru community basically AFAIK finds "no fault" in the Motul.. I'm now looking at power steering as source of an intermittent whine, car runs perfect... doesn’t even too much bother me anymore. I absolutely still support HPL and will continue to do so. Dave is a wonderful person and I think they secretly.. admire certain qualities. But let's end the not value added direction there lol.

It was also easier to order and with free shipping on the Motul. Just wanted to answer your question here.

I also don't have the hand-made AMG engine, although yeah it was a good reference. HPL needs to get their product *out there* their business volume could increase drastically if people knew what they were working with. Maybe they are better than the Motul. Please see first paragraph on how that came to be.

Editing my post:
I’ve used Motul for years (and Amsoil in non-Subaru) and now that HPL is available, I’m going to have both tested in ways we normally don’t get to see. I’ve already decided in my head to switch to HPL (to support
This is like the Adam Sandler "Well once again These are things that could have been brought to my attention YESTERDAY!" lol (@Astro14 previous post lol)

@SubieRubyRoo It came in reverse order but that exactly my point, There are many like me that know what a Motul is but don't know what an HPL is. In essence I'm thinking we can be brand ambassadors. Maybe @High Performance Lubricants Has or can create a small decal that I can put on the side window on my car and maybe other's cars that brings attention to the point that there is an amazingly good lubricant and that might help generate interest. SubueRubieRoo It will be an honor to have my car humbled by a veteran at the meet🤣🤣

HPL is likely better than Motul - they have some interesting race and dyno results - that Motul does not.

The last thing your car needs is to be driven HARD. And if it is, no gear oil is going to prevent the myriad of failures that HARD driving will create.
I’ve used Motul for years (and Amsoil in non-Subaru) and now that HPL is available, I’m going to have both tested in ways we normally don’t get to see. I’ve already decided in my head to switch to HPL (to support a great company), but the results will be interesting!

The last thing your car needs is to be driven HARD. And if it is, no gear oil is going to prevent the myriad of failures that HARD driving will create.
My own use case is 9x% cruising and a few % WOT for 5-10 minutes, what most would call "towing" duty.
Peak pressure is not really that extreme - 400ft-lb torque in a massive Dana 80 4.55 gearset.

There are many factors and forces at work here, same how I got 6 jugs Amazon Basics 0W-40 at $6.73 per jug. Some involve being better with money and things like that. I plan on purchasing more EC before the May event. So more info as to your question.. I *believe* what was going on in my head, is/was, that I wanted to baseline it with the Motul, because I can always siphon out the fluid and put some HPL in on the spot for my 3rd visit to the facility in May. I don't think I'm "cheating on the brand" as I purchased their oil and EC on multiple occasions. The Subaru community basically AFAIK finds "no fault" in the Motul.. I'm now looking at power steering as source of an intermittent whine, car runs perfect... doesn’t even too much bother me anymore. I absolutely still support HPL and will continue to do so. Dave is a wonderful person and I think they secretly.. admire certain qualities. But let's end the not value added direction there lol.

It was also easier to order and with free shipping on the Motul. Just wanted to answer your question here.

I also don't have the hand-made AMG engine, although yeah it was a good reference. HPL needs to get their product *out there* their business volume could increase drastically if people knew what they were working with. Maybe they are better than the Motul. Please see first paragraph on how that came to be.
Relax, I was just joking. ;)

Where did you find Motul 300? I'd like to get some to try in the RAM 1500. I can't seem to find it anywhere in stock.

The HPL gear oil I got last year is running great in the Jeep.

Thank you.

Relax, I was just joking. ;)

Where did you find Motul 300? I'd like to get some to try in the RAM 1500. I can't seem to find it anywhere in stock.

The HPL gear oil I got last year is running great in the Jeep.

Thank you.
I used to get my Gear 300 from Amazon, was about $20-21 per quart, but it seems everyone is having issues keeping it on Amazon. These days, it’s much easier (and cheaper!) to order from Dave. I’m sure your Ram would do just fine on it. I’d sell you my last 4 Gear 300s but it probably isn’t enough to fill your diff.

My own use case is 9x% cruising and a few % WOT for 5-10 minutes, what most would call "towing" duty.
Peak pressure is not really that extreme - 400ft-lb torque in a massive Dana 80 4.55 gearset.
I was replying to Schwinney - who's car just turned 250,000 miles. It's had a lot of challenges on the way, and I was suggesting that his car didn't need to be driven hard.

I used to get my Gear 300 from Amazon, was about $20-21 per quart, but it seems everyone is having issues keeping it on Amazon. These days, it’s much easier (and cheaper!) to order from Dave. I’m sure your Ram would do just fine on it. I’d sell you my last 4 Gear 300s but it probably isn’t enough to fill your diff.
I have HPL gear oil and I will likely buy some more. It's time to move my Durango from Red Line to HPL. I already took the first step and removed the Red Line decal off the back window. Further steps are coming. ;)

HPL is not a boutique blender, they are an industrial lubricant manufacturer. That's why they are so good at what they're doing. There is 0% marketing and 100% facts with their products. With HPL you get what you pay for, every single time. I can't say the same for some other brands I purchased products from.

I asked about Motul because I like to try out something new every once in a while. Heck, if I worked for a lubricant manufacturer, I'd like to know if the grass is greener on the other side of the fence. It's always good to know what the competition is up to. Just my two cents, of course.

HPL is likely better than Motul - they have some interesting race and dyno results - that Motul does not.

I was replying to Schwinney - who's car just turned 250,000 miles. It's had a lot of challenges on the way, and I was suggesting that his car didn't need to be driven hard.
Yes indeed, this can cause expensive issues that may not be within the budget to resolve.

Calling @High Performance Lubricants to see if he’s able to share the HP gains and exactly who verified how much better the HPL gear oil was than the other gear lube at reducing friction, which was used bc it was previously the “best” available… and it wasn’t Spicer’s. Just sayin.

If Dave can’t, let’s just say the savings using HPL is enough to run a small space heater. 😂
Gear oils don't improve HP. It can reduce drivetrain losses from friction.

I did go ahead and get the Motul 300. I put enough miles on my car.. I needed that piece of mind. And I have been known to drive HARD.

View attachment 135868

In regards to HPL, of course! I really believe their stuff is just about as good, or as good. Will be there in May. I was told it is NOT blue in color.. the argument could be made "does that matter" however im happy it is not blue .

The reviews on this stuff say it is incredible. I feel HPL needs more users so people can give testimonials so that people can think of HPL in the same line of thought as: Redline, Motul, AMSOIL perhaps Fuchs as ultra-premium lubricants. I support the company. We will undoubtedly talk about Mobil base stocks use at the meet, that's true. @High Performance Lubricants Is my assessment here valid?

So, you went with french Group III gear oil.

Why didn't you go with their PAO 300 75w90?

Read my post. I clearly stated reduced friction. And besides, how it gets to the wheels doesn’t matter; only the amount. And more is more.
You said HP gain. Gear oils don't improve the engine's output. That's at the engine itself. All friction reduction can do in the drivetrain is reduce losses.

Back