How/Where do you keep/stash your oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep mine on a colorful wire shelf, next to my entertainment center, I dust the bottles weekly for presentation.

I have one "show shrine" and multiple strategically placed oil stash caches in various locations.

In the garage on the oil/grease/filter shelf.
thumbsup2.gif

on a set of dedicated shelves in the basement. prime storage space due to consistent temperatures year round

Originally Posted By: Liquid_Turbo
I heard it's not good to keep oil in the garage due to the fluctuating temperatures can alter it's shelf life?
I've heard that too but I don't believe it. Atleast not for a few years. Mines out in the garage too.

I keep mine in the 2nd bedroom closet. 70 degrees in the winter and 78 degrees in the summer year round! My oil stash will be used up to 10 years of shelf life.

I end up keeping Dino in the garage and the synthetic in the basement along with the A-Rx and filters. During the winter if I plan an OC I bring what I need into the house the night before if I'm using dino for the Oc.

Frank D

Originally Posted By: Chris142
Originally Posted By: Liquid_Turbo
I heard it's not good to keep oil in the garage due to the fluctuating temperatures can alter it's shelf life?
I've heard that too but I don't believe it. Atleast not for a few years. Mines out in the garage too.

Mine, too, and some lined neatly up on shelves, some still heaped on the floor in the plastic Big Lots bags.

Yes, I'm a heathen.

Don't forget to notify your responding fire department that you have oil in your house. A cache of such liquid in quantities can be problematic to fire fighters in the event of a house fire, particularly if they don't know it is there. Most fire companies appreciate a heads up and will note that this is in storage at your address.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back