How wet for TW Seal&Shine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got my own drill down for washing and waxing our cars:
Hose off car
Mix car wash soap dujour in the bottle of the Carrand fake foam cannon. Right now I'm going through a gallon of TW Zip wash. Not the best, but works just fine.
I foam the entire car top to bottom with the fake foam gun.
I use a car wash brush with those ultra soft MF type bristles To clean.
Rinse and wipe with a big old bath towel.
I than use a few MF cloths to apply TW S&S and polish with several separate MF cloths. Seems to work well. It's pretty quick and the cars look great when done.

My question is...how wet can the surface be before applying the TW S&S?

31GhPDZEWBL._AC_SY400_.jpg

Last edited:
You can apply on dry as well as a wet car. From professional detailer videos I have checked, almost everyone dried their cars, not dry as in bone dry but wiped off all the water before application.

If you go this route, I would like to know how durable this thing is. For the cost (and the name), I am suspicious of the durability, esp in winter with all road salt and grime.

Mind linking the car wash brush.

I have found the TW SS likes a dry application better than a wet one, but if you really want to apply a CC while wet, the Meguiars Spray CC loves a wet application...it even directs such on the back of the bottle.

I picked up some TW Shine and Seal to try out, as I too was curious. If it actually is durable, it may render waxing a thing of the past... but i have my doubts... I have not tried it out yet, but when I do I will start a post about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back