how too use rislone engine treatment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi all:) have a 1998 toyota corolla, 71,000 miles. last oil changei did, used oldish texaco 10w30 dino oil i bought 10 years ago,walmart clearence, sm, 79cents a quart...so bought all they had left.lots. burned ovr 2 quarts of oil and it was black looking at dipstick,1,700 miles and 2 months in :x
so! discovered and read about rislone engine treatment,which my local walmart and autozone carry. bought a quart...it says too add a quart of rislonetoo 4-6quart sump capacity...i topped off 2 quarts of mobil 10w30 semi synthetic, and added 1 quart rislone..leveled it off..
was i supposed too replace a quart of oil with rislone? or add rislone too 4 quart fill capacity?
i read use 2 quarts for a dirty engine,...is that added too 4 quarts, or do i replace 2 quarts of oil for 2 quarts of rislone?

You have an older car in which you used cheap oil, now you are throwing expensive snake oil at what you think is dirt. . Why not just go with M1 HM and see what happens. Try Walmart for that.

the directions said too add too sump,do not overfill. however, it didnt state to or not too replace a quart...so i got lost on that.
i added a quart, and it leveled off, using 2 quarts of mobil 10w30 semi synthetic. so i must lost an extra quart somehwere..its defnot leaking oil at all..lookd many times under car, no oil drops or leaks...so its burning it.
im using the rislone too help clean the rings up...very aware of the piston ring problems on these years models. sad toyota knew the supplier gave them smaller pistons,and used oversized rings:/
my father had this car with 54,000miles on it, he boughtearly 2000's..i inherited it. he went too jiffy lube evey 4 months. i looked under the oil cap, and noted, it was black and cruded...past 2 years, ( i do 3 month oil chnages, low mileage, sop n go traffic, ) itslowly cleaned up. but not 100%. i have noted, for whatever reason..supertech dino...5w30 cleaned it mostly up under the oil fill cap! pennzoil platinum 10w30 being 2nd best cleaner. youde think the platinum would do better, but the supertech dino, i immediatly noted, removed alot more baked on black crud.
so..why imlookin at rislone, instead of seafoam or MMO..something to leave in longer..but works*
so i replace a qaurt of oil, with a quart of rislone? and if i want too try 2 quarts of rislone, and drive 100 miles, i replace with 2 quarts of oil then?

Originally Posted By: slug_bug
REPLACE oil with the Rislone. Do NOT overfill your sump in order to add the Rislone.

+1. If your car has a 4 quart sump, you want 3 quarts of oil and 1 quart of Rislone in it.

in other words..the directions..i took it as the rislone merges, assimilates into the oil*
but i guess it dosnt?

thanks drew! directions didnt state that.[censored]..i prob overfilled a tad then..just a tad :x lol

it said too add too oil,..nothing about replacing oil. i think i got the $5 concentrate stuff*if that means anything...

i was shocked in a good way at seeing what supertech dino did, the cleaning of it after drainng it out and some 1,700 mileson it in 4 months. it had me thinking...the supertech synthetic would clean alot more then...but with this polar vortex coming..i wanna try kendall synthetic, avilable at my local advance autos..we have 2 here in stamford.just read the msds sheets on kendal synthetic..pour point of minus 44 degrees..maxlife synthetic was minus 42 degrees F,platinum was minus 39. had dino in my toyota a few times like last year, temps outside dropped too 18 degrees, other days 10, at night felt like it was minus 3. cranking the tyota over in thee temps..you can hear whinnng whirring metal noises, and VERY hard to turn over...hence forth synthetic*

kendall synthetic, CCS at 40 C, msds waslike 4,500range.platinum was like 5,500. kendall was just above what mobil synthetic ccs llast i read was, like 3,000 CCS at 40C in that range...fast oil flow in thos temps.dino just dosnt cut it.
gunna look up supertech pourpoint now..

Originally Posted By: ziggy
in other words..the directions..i took it as the rislone merges, assimilates into the oil*
but i guess it dosnt?

If you mean it mixes with the oil and disappears, it doesn't, it takes up volume in your sump. A pint of Rislone would replace a pint of oil, and qt. of Rislone will replace a qt. of oil, etc. One word of caution check your oil more frequently when using it.

Rislone is a 20 weight oil vs MMO which is about 5 weight with a 100c cSt of about 2.5. Stilll, yes, keep an eye on that dipstick!

will do! the rislone was blue,forgot too mention that. used a quart years ago, rislone, but it was clear* stuff i bought was blue anddont think it was a quart too..seemed smaller than a quart

ok..was at autzone. the risolne ibought, was in 16.9 oz. yellow bottles. so how do i do this???
add 16.9 oz rislone,andleave 16.9 oil out?or add 216.9oz bottles? or do i use enough rislone equivilent too 2bottles of motor oil???

Just read the bottle. I would do one bottle per OCI. Slow and steady, easy does it, no regrets. I dropped a bottle of concentrate in yesterday and hit the highway. I dropped the 4 speed automatic transmission into 3rd a few times so Rislone can do its magic. A couple hundred miles later, the oil is a bit darker
laugh.gif
I am nearing 4k miles on my OCI

Op. You probably bought the concentrate which is in a smaller bottle.

And what's this snake oil nonsense in reference to rislone. You guys do know that rislone is the ONLY additive Molekule has ever recommended using in a crankcase,which says a lot to me.

Op. Use as directed. Do not overdose. It's better to take it easy and do it longer rather than possibly diluting the oil too much and possibly increasing wear.

Originally Posted By: Clevy

Op. Use as directed. Do not overdose. It's better to take it easy and do it longer rather than possibly diluting the oil too much and possibly increasing wear.

Exactly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back