How to remove lots of bugs?

Hey folks:

I took my 2 year old car on a 1000 mile trip - and it is pretty covered in bugs.

I'm clueless about detailing.

Is a bug and tar remover the way to go, or a clay bar?

I'm guessing whatever I do will strip the wax, and I need to apply something after. What should I use? (Spray would be preferred - paste seems to always get everywhere).
Seems like I saw this here quite awhile back, but a solution of water and baking soda does the trick, but will have to rinse off the white residue left behind.

My front end needs a debugging after 100+ miles on the interstate yesterday and several other trips in the country. I'm going to use the hot old bath towel method. Works great in 15 minutes. Afterwards a good front end wax. My truck is not uber clean by any means, my weekly trip on a gravel road for 3 miles makes that an exercise in futility.

Never. Why ruin a bar with dead bugs. That's not wise thinking. At all.
Ive been detailing my cars since 1987.....I have numerous old clay bars...My tests show the clay bar removes tar, bugs, etc etc etc better than spray products....Works for me

I drove through a bug hatch of some kind east of Missoula Montana a few years ago. I had to pull other and scrub the windshield with bottled water and news paper too be able to see at all. I couldn't get over the smell... It was like the car was coated with rainbow trout. I guess fish smell like bugs.

Late to the party, but I'll throw this up here for anybody that scrolls though wanting suggestions.

I used to use the above mentioned Poorboy's Bug Squash, but the price of that has risen substantially. I found 3D Bug Remover to work just as good, if not better, and more economical.

Simply spray a liberal dose on the front end, let it sit for a couple minutes, and pressure wash off. It takes 99% of them off without scrubbing. I mix it 4:1.

You have not seen "bugs" until you have experienced Love Bugs in Florida. They get all over your car and can cause overheating of the car if the radiator gets covered. They often close outdoor dining when they are around. They don't bite but get in your face.

Another reason I don't live in Florida.

Hey folks:

I took my 2 year old car on a 1000 mile trip - and it is pretty covered in bugs.

I'm clueless about detailing.

Is a bug and tar remover the way to go, or a clay bar?

I'm guessing whatever I do will strip the wax, and I need to apply something after. What should I use? (Spray would be preferred - paste seems to always get everywhere).
Simple Green works amazing. Use in full strength. Let it soak for 5 min, wash off, spray a again wipe off bugs with a sponge and a bucket of water.

Late to the party, but I'll throw this up here for anybody that scrolls though wanting suggestions.

I used to use the above mentioned Poorboy's Bug Squash, but the price of that has risen substantially. I found 3D Bug Remover to work just as good, if not better, and more economical.

Simply spray a liberal dose on the front end, let it sit for a couple minutes, and pressure wash off. It takes 99% of them off without scrubbing. I mix it 4:1.

This stuff works great. (I bought it for another car that I had not waxed - well, ever.) It even worked well on sap from a pine tree, and even brake dust.

The car rebelled against the wash and spray wax - the factory alarm went off all night. I had to unhook the battery at 2:00a in my underpants. I still remain clueless at detailing. (And keeping hood latches dry too apparently).

Back