How to inject CRC GDI Intake Valve Cleaner in Ford Fusion Hybrid?

I have a 2019 Ford Fusion Titanium Hybrid I bought from Enterprise Car Sales last year. Thinking of running CRC GDI IVD cleaner through it. Where's the best way to spray the cleaner into the system? I was thinking of removing the MAF sensor and spray it in through there. I have no idea where the brake booster vacuum line is. =/

Find a vacuum line to tap into, but you shouldn't need to use GDI cleaner in it, the hybrid still uses a 2.0L N/A port injected Mazda-L engine doesn't it?

Find a vacuum line to tap into, but you shouldn't need to use GDI cleaner in it, the hybrid still uses a 2.0L N/A port injected Mazda-L engine doesn't it?
Correct. I don't need the GDI cleaner but I wanted to do it just because it's used and I want to make the engine as clean as possible and also because I need to mess with my car. I can't find a vacuum line. I even broke out the service manual but couldn't get a good diagram.

I wouldn't do it. What if the intake has valleys where puddles can collect? When you go to drive the vehicle, this can/will result in a hydrolock.

Since it's port injection, just run techron or Redline SI-1 or similar fuel system cleaner before every oil change, since fuel washes the valves there's no real need to run intake induction cleaners.

Since it's port injection, just run techron or Redline SI-1 or similar fuel system cleaner before every oil change, since fuel washes the valves there's no real need to run intake induction cleaners.
OK fiiiiiiine. I guess I'll just use the Gumout High Mileage and call it a day.

I wouldn't do it. What if the intake has valleys where puddles can collect? When you go to drive the vehicle, this can/will result in a hydrolock.
This is used with the engine on, when there is a vacuum on intake side, no puddles should form.

OK fiiiiiiine. I guess I'll just use the Gumout High Mileage and call it a day.
Yeah, that or Techron, use it for a few consecutive fill-ups if you want to cover your bases.

But, good timing on that purchase, same vehicle is probably $5k more right now.

This is used with the engine on, when there is a vacuum on intake side, no puddles should form.

Yeah, that or Techron, use it for a few consecutive fill-ups if you want to cover your bases.

Yeah, I got very lucky on the purchase. I sold my 2013 FFTiHy for $10,700 to Carvana and bought the 2019 FFTiHy for $18,500 even though the 2013 needed $3,800 in cosmetic repairs. Carvana really messed up on that deal because the second-highest offer was $6,800. I bought it from Enterprise Car Sales, though. I had it checked by a dealer afterwards, and they were surprised. At first, they were mocking me for buying it from ECS but afterwards, they said that it was like new (with 40,000 miles). I spent $1,200 on an extended warranty from Flood Ford that will give me five more years and 60,000 more miles in protection. Probably a waste of money but I really don't want to deal with any problems.

I'll just do Gumout and then Techron just for laughs. Then an oil change. Thanks! =)

EDIT: CarMax willing to buy for $21,500. LMAO.

This stuff works magic on carbon (no idea if the vacuum method works, I did a proper soak), but with a port injected system I'd run B12 followed by a tank of whatever ( techron, gumout, redline...) tickles you.

I have a 2019 Ford Fusion Titanium Hybrid I bought from Enterprise Car Sales last year. Thinking of running CRC GDI IVD cleaner through it. Where's the best way to spray the cleaner into the system? I was thinking of removing the MAF sensor and spray it in through there. I have no idea where the brake booster vacuum line is. =/
Look for a hose on the intake manifold - - about 3/8 in size.
Or just open the throttle body and have a partner hold the revs at 2.5k
The CRC will clean better than any in tank can - - - The CRC will also clean your spark plugs and the combustion chamber over the next 7 days after initial use.
Go for a 30min highway drive after letting the engine heat soak for 1 hour.
Set the cruise and go.
I do it 1-2 times a year on each of our vehicles.

On my 2016 Mazda 6 - - puddles do form no matter how you apply it.
I need to drive 1 hour to get all of it out.
If I try and drive above 4k the engine rattles and makes nasty noises.

I contacted CRC and they are aware that this can happen on certain intake manifolds.

No big deal though - - drive on highway to get it all out - - drive it normally - - I can't do any full throttle runs on the mazda for the first hour.
On our Hyundai it takes 10 mins to get it all out - then WOT the carbon away.

This stuff works magic on carbon (no idea if the vacuum method works, I did a proper soak), but with a port injected system I'd run B12 followed by a tank of whatever ( techron, gumout, redline...) tickles you.
x2 ;)

those mazdas have intake manifolds that hold quite a bit of liquid in the bottom, just drive gently for the first little while. the intake manifold is shaped almost like a jug, with the throttle body on the side and the runners coming out the top. i poured a cup of oil out of one once. this was on a 2007 mazda 3 so ymmv

I run it right through the throttle body while Mrs plays music 🎵🎶 and holds the rpm around 1500-2000.

Attachments

• 20220912_164700_HDR.jpg
    20220912_164700_HDR.jpg
    209.3 KB · Views: 23
  • 20220912_164653_HDR.jpg
    20220912_164653_HDR.jpg
    183.6 KB · Views: 23
It won't hydro lock.....just get really passed off.
My mazda 6 had a bunch of areas where it would pool.
No amount of revving would get it out until on the road.

It won't hydro lock.....just get really passed off.
My mazda 6 had a bunch of areas where it would pool.
No amount of revving would get it out until on the road.
Oh it will. Some engines will ingest a large quantity once you get on the road, and bad things will happen.

@The Critic
I use about a fifth of a can each oil change and that might be why I haven't had the misfortune that you speak of. I think consistent application trump's the amount used. Using mine for mostly highway application I'm sure it's not too bad. I have used the gumout multitune as a oil flush and a pea fuel system cleaner.

Oh it will. Some engines will ingest a large quantity once you get on the road, and bad things will happen.
No it won't.
Hydrolock occurs when a incompressable liquid enters the chamber at a specific volume relative to its capacity.
Crc is a compressible and ignitable liquid.
Water is not.

Crc could potentially do some damage but not hydro lock.....
At least by definition.

Back