How to get fitting loose?

From the looks....I'm NOT a plumber, But play one at home, The faucet extension is Soldered in & they didn't use the 1/2" NPT connection.

One solution is to cut the faucet off at the extension & Sweat on a 1/2" Female Copper Solder x 1/2" Female NPT Adaptor, Least you won't need to Sweat a connection next time.
That's how I would do it.

I just rebuilt a no-name unit. I couldn’t find a kit so I purchased an entire valve and pulled the insides out and stripped off the seals I needed. Although the seals are identical the course threads to lock the unit in place were a different pitch. ( ignore the fact that the unit I bought was shorter and cheaper). Even if they were the same length they wouldn’t be interchangeable. My original one was 10 years old. If you are dealing with a recognizable brand you might be able to change out the entire inside unit.

Here are some shots. Notice one has about three threads per inch and the other about 4 threads per inch. They are not interchangeable but the seals are. The rod in the top photo already had the front seal removed. That seal is an ordinary faucet seal.

8B6EEC1D-6901-4F85-9410-B20B07C43722.jpeg
3AB23FD7-5211-4FC9-880F-8F6245ABACFD.jpeg

Back