How to add Moly ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello from aisle 14. I use (tdt) in my Jeep, allegedly adding some Moly into the oil would be kickA*s, so my question is, "how do I add Moly to motor oil?"

Do I buy one of theses $3 sticks and but some in?

Which one do I buy, the #2 Mystik, or Super tech?

Is one 3oz. tube of the 3 pack enough per oci?

Let's go. I can't stand being here.

-A
19:42

Are you a chemist? Who said that? Many oils come with moly at a pre-determined and tested level.

Schaeffer's #132. Doesnt add much, but adds some.

Or else add a half to a quart of redline.

No need to play chemist. Mobil, Pennzoil, Castrol, ect. . . have spent BILLIONS on R&D.

If you really think you know something they don't, pray tell.

I know it seems so tempting to use additives and all. But trust me. Motor oil is all you need and all you want.

Originally Posted By: Hitzy
Just throwing it out there, but what about the super fine moly used to tumble coat bullets for reloading?

Not sure what benefit it would have, but it would have to be small enough not to get picked up by the filter.

I love a lot of Moly (800 ppm) and a good dose of ZDDP 1200ppm.

I also love a double ester synthetic oil that is group V.

So I use Motul 300V ...once you use it you won't go back...the engine wll not let you!

Do a web search as where to order it from.

Yea...with this comes a price...$ 29.95/2 qts....but man what UAO's I have seen.

A few friends I have that own 911 Turbo's and one 430 Ferrari owner as well speak to it's base and additive potency. They race weekends and this oil takes a turbo's heat like no other they tell me.

As you know...the moly is first line protection against wear and the ZDDP does it's share as well. The GRP V. base keeps it alive at burning temps.

Last edited:
I love a lot of Moly (800 ppm) and a good dose of ZDDP 1200ppm.

I also love a double ester synthetic oil that is group V.

So I use Motul 300V ...once you use it you won't go back...the engine wll not let you!

Do a web search as where to order it from.

Yea...with this comes a price...$ 29.95/2 qts....but man what UAO's I have seen.

A few friends I have that own 911 Turbo's and one 430 Ferrari owner as well speak to it's base and additive potency. They race weekends and this oil takes a turbo's heat like no other they tell me.

As you know...the moly is first line protection against wear and the ZDDP does it's share as well. The GRP V. base keeps it alive at burning temps.

It's a great additive for gun lubes.

I use a high moly content grease (Amsoil Heavy Duty synthetic) mixed with a PTFE grease (Super Lube synthetic) on nearly all of my guns.

Lubro Moly. Been using it for years. I add it to RTS 5-40 in my F250's 5.4 Triton. Available by order at any NAPA, or this link..http://www.worldimpex.com/parts/lubromoly-motor-oil-treatment_60872.html
038605.jpg

Originally Posted By: beanoil
Lubro Moly. Been using it for years. I add it to RTS 5-40 in my F250's 5.4 Triton. Available by order at any NAPA, or this link..http://www.worldimpex.com/parts/lubromoly-motor-oil-treatment_60872.html
038605.jpg

NAPA huh?? how much?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back