How The Best Selling Truck In America Is Built

Hate to be this guy but: AAACKTUALLY, GM is the top seller for the year of 2020. 847110 Silverado/Sierra vs 787422 F series.

Yep, they sold the most even though the new body style is in my opinion somewhat ugly.
AAAAAAAND.... how many of those Silverado/Sierra were sold to the government on a "special price" that Ford couldn't match if they wanted to?

AAAAAAAND.... how many of those Silverado/Sierra were sold to the government on a "special price" that Ford couldn't match if they wanted to?
Well, don’t know the number but I do live in a Ford town … Yet, the government agriculture hands run dozens of the white Chevy WT single cabs … steel wheels and all …

Plus, it's obvious that neither the Silverado nor Sierra have the individual drawing power of the F150. GM simply didn't make as many of the same truck as Ford did. It took them two models and 12 trim lines to beat Ford's single model and 7 trim lines :ROFLMAO:

Plus, it's obvious that neither the Silverado nor Sierra have the individual drawing power of the F150. GM simply didn't make as many of the same truck as Ford did. It took them two models and 12 trim lines to beat Ford's single model and 7 trim lines :ROFLMAO:
To be honest … in 2018 I was shopping Ford and GM 4WD’s … 150 mile radius and in major Texas truck country.
To get the options I wanted and with a rear locker (must have) the F150’s were $10k more and just not worth it.
Bought a Z71 …

10K more for the same truck
Apples to Apples ???🤔🤔🤔
Ford vs Chevy
I say BS to that call !!

That rear end locker diff in a Ford must be made of gold
Frankly, I don’t care what you think ~ or anyone else dumbed up on one single make of vehicles …

As long as i have paid attention Ford beats GM combined full size sales most years. I dont know how much fleet sales factor in but i expect them to be consistent year to year. People must love that ugly front face in the new design.

I’ve toured the plant in Dearborn. Fun stuff.

Coolest tour is by far the Toyota Camry plant in Kentucky though. You ride a tram through the factory with the forklift and material haulers. You see the car as a roll of steel all the way to the finished product.

The F150 plant basically shows center consoles, windshields and doors. Lol

Frankly I don’t give a dam what you think SIR !

Nobody here stupid enough to think you compared head to head trucks and the Ford was 10K more !!!

Apparently with your reply is all we need to know !!

You got called out because your statement doesn’t hold water.

10k dollars more !!!
What a joke !!!🤣🤣🤣🤣
Sounds like we need screen shots of online builds to complete this discussion!

In the Dallas/Ft worth area I live in, F150’s have always been less expensive to purchase than a Silverado. The F150 seems to group more equipment into the packages. A true apples to apples comparison of the F150/Silverado with the same equipment usually requires an extra option package on the Silverado, IME.

Either way, both are good trucks. I don’t like the front end on the new Silverado is all.

Last edited:
In the Dallas/Ft worth area I live in, F150’s have always been less expensive to purchase than a Silverado. The F150 seems to group more equipment into the packages. A true apples to apples comparison of the F150/Silverado with the same equipment usually requires an extra option package on the Silverado, IMO.

Either way, both are good trucks. I don’t like the front end on the new Silverado is all.
How many here have shopped single cab off road packages … it’s a different world …
in fact nearly extinct now …

I just searched the DFW, all the Silverado single cabs I found were work trucks. The same thing with the F150 Single cabs, they are all work trucks and some have the chrome group. I think there was one or two XLT trims.

At the end of the day I’ve always gotten a lower price on the F150 as opposed to the Silverado. There’s more money on the hood so to speak. You can’t do a full apples to apples comparison of the two trucks because the F150 has equipment that isn’t even offered on the Silverado. But at the end of the day, if a truck buyer were to shop both the F150 and Silverado with the same equipment, the F150 can almost always be purchased slightly less than the Silverado.

Back