How or where do you enter discount code for Rock Auto?

Can someone please help me, cant find or figure out where you are able to apply the discount code for ordering online from Rock Auto??

Thanks, Dale

Do you know about the "little truck" icons?

After you select your first item and put it into your shopping cart and return to shopping you may see a little truck in the parts listings.
It means that particular part comes from the same warehouse so an additional "warehouse fee" is avoided.

Sometimes patterns of "commonly warehoused items" reveal themselves and you save money. Sometimes they don't.

Sometimes they don't.
I think most people's experience is almost always "they never will". 😂 Put some brake pads and rotors in your cart and you can almost be assured they'll come from (2) locations, not (1). This is also by design, at least I think so.

Not necessarily. They are a very low budget business, with a 90s-style website that suits me just fine (no crud, all helpful info), and a customer service approach of quickly replying to emails, only to give a canned response of "search for that part yourself; if you can't find it we don't have it." They are never going to overpay for tech support or website redesign, that's for sure. And they pass the savings on to us. I don't see them as deliberately trying to hide a 5% discount. The email announcing the discount not only gives verbal instructions, but a screenshot with a red circle around the field you put it in. I think its just their clunky UI, plus not deciding to pay for a website facelift.

By design ?

Last edited:
with a 90s-style website that suits me just fine (no crud, all helpful info)
I will agree with that part. While their website isn't the greatest looking, flashy, or cool, it's 100% functional, IMO. It's also extremely fast. While the "+" tree design is very out-of-date nowadays, it's fast. Even their year-make-model field is great. No need to pick your year, wait for all brands from that year to populate and then select from the brand list, wait for it to then populate the models, and so on. I can type "2008 accord" and it instantly gives me (2) choices (based on engine).

That's helpful. They also let you create cars in a profile, so after logging in, I just click on that one car, and all the car parts are filtered for only that engine. That's probably slower than doing what you do, but it does save me from clicking on the wrong version of a 2006 Highlander.
I can type "2008 accord" and it instantly gives me (2) choices (based on engine).

I don't have the energy to seek my original post on the subject of RA's "floating truck icons".

I spent an hour shuffling parts around one order then, using multiple orders, I flat out determined that the warehouse assignments were indeed false.
Part warehouse designations (the A, B, C etc.) would instantly appear where they hadn't been before.
Similarly, "reshopping" resulted in "same warehouses" vanishing.
I reported that here.
What BLEW MY MIND was that SOME people here lectured me on how a company has to make money and that lying was OK business.
I suppose that's the time we live in.

I mean really, same model windshield wiper blades from the same company coming from differing warehouses? Don't lie to yourself.

My Solomon-like conclusion was that you tally your order and see if the value is worth dealing with less-than-perfectly honest people.
I do. However, like many, I buy alternators and such locally for side by side matching and to avoid core charges/heavy returns.

Back