How old’s your longest battery?

Oldest battery I had in service was replaced last week after 5 years, which is well beyond anything else I've had . A quality battery will last about 2 years, a cheap one lasts about a year over here. Doesn't take long for batteries to puke acid and just die.

The Mitsu calls for a 55D23R (Group 25) battery, but I went with battery size that comes on the diesel variant; 115D31R (Group 27). The replacement was a Motorcraft BXT-27-B.

Reactions: FZ1
I replaced the factory battery in my '12 F-150 this year. Advance, Auto Zone and NAPA pricing were outrageous, so I stopped in the dealer and bought a Motorcraft for $140.00.

My dealer has surprised me lately as I had mounted my new 33.5" Kenda Klever RT's onto new factory wheels but have post covid issues with DVT's and I hurt my back and wasn't able to balance them at home (I have machines). I had an oil change with MC 5W20 and MC filter and the balancing, for $102.00. I thought that was pretty good for a dealer price.

Eight years with a 34/78 Optima YellowTop in my Alaskan Chevy Silverado. It could have gone further, but I didn't want to push my luck with a planned extended trip through rural Alaska and the Yukon Territory.

My dads ‘06 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins which he bought new, the Mopar batteries lasted 8 years and they were still working but the truck was slow to start. He replaced them in 2014 with ACDelco batteries and theyre going on 7 years still working fine.

For me the oldest was a Yuasa in my snowmobile. Factory AGM in for 11 yrs. . Still cranked fine but it's a 4 stroke with no recoil starter back up so out it came. Always stored on a Batteryminder btw. 10 yrs on a OEM Harley AGM also on a maintainer when parked, also replaced due age and same reasons as the sleds battery.
Got 7 yrs. on a Delco AGM in my Tahoe and it came out due to age and not trusting it starting away from home at sub zero winter temps. .
Bike and Tahoe got Odyssey replacements and sled got another Yuasa. All are AGM's.

06/09/2012
42,000​
BatterySears Item# 02850035000 | Model# P-5
11 yrs. Still going............

I'm still running the original battery in my 2014 Mustang GT which was built in Feb of 2013.

I ran O'reilly's high dollar Superstart battery in my 92 Cavalier for almost 10 years and it would still start the car when I replaced it. I was having some electrical issues and when I tested the battery, the CCA's were low and the tester said to replace. I have a Walmart Maxx battery in it now.

Odyssey PC-1500 In my titan

12 years 12 days.

Still going strong.

My Goldwing has a battery from 2016 in it, and still doing fine (but it is put on a trickle charger quite often).

My truck is almost 3 years old, Santa Fe is original (2018), and Scion is 18 months.

Longest battery I have had is about 4 years. My mom's Saturn had a Deka from NAPA that lasted over 5 which is almost unheard of.

Got almost 8 years out of a DieHard WeatherHandler Group 51 in my wife’s Civic. Really weird too as it went through a lot of jumps and a lot of abuse. I did occasionally run it through a an automatic charger to top it off.

Now I’m not sure about the Deka that replaced it. It’s been reliable, but it went without any charging for about 5 months due to a transmission failure. Also some more time where it wasn’t used. But the battery seems solid after over 3 years.

I got nine years out of two different AC Delco Professional batteries, the ones you buy from car dealers. One was for a car I only drive in summer. Battery maintainer the rest of the year. Replaced it with an Interstate and only got six years. Other was a warranty replacement for new car I bought a year earlier. My guess is the original went dead on the lot before I bought the car.

9.5 years on original battery 2012 F-150. 100k miles.

I used a battery tender on it maybe 85% of the time. I used to drive British cars, so hooking it up every night was like second nature for me, not a chore.

I live in a cool area so 5-6 years would have been normal.

I wonder what finally got it? Did it finally shake apart? I’m kind of thinking that charging it to the absolute max and then driving it 700 miles through West Texas wasn’t wise.

I can’t complain.

Walmart Everstart MAXX: 5yrs and counting.
Walmart Everstart MAXX: 1 day and counting. Replaced Toyota Tru Start w/550 cca with the WM with 725 cca. This batt is sealed. $88 installed on price rollback.

I have a set of AAA batteries in a headlamp that are nearly 10 yrs old and still work . You said " battery " ....

The original Delco battery in my 1999 Dodge Dakota lasted 11 years. I load tested it several times a year and it always tested good. Last fall I replaced the oem battery on the 2014 F150 because it tested borderline, so 6 years.

Back