How old’s your longest battery?

Aunt's 01 or 02 Corolla, with over 200K miles,was traded in on a new 2015 Subaru Impreza. Original battery.

I just replaced the original battery in my 2012 Fiesta, it was still working fine but I noticed some slow cranking this winter and a load test showed it at 420 cca instead of the 590 cca it was rated at. I probably should have continued to use it through this summer and replace in the fall but was noticing a shortage of batteries at Walmart.

18 years. It was a the factory panasonic battery in my friend's Evo. I replaced last fall but it still started the car after a few seconds of cranking unless the outside temps were around freezing.

A little over 13 years on a H8/49 AGM battery. Made in November 2007. It's in the trunk though which probably helps make it last longer, cooler back there.

My longest one is less than the width of my back seat. It is about 4 years old. It has a 10 year/150,000 mile warranty on it.

The oem battery in my 2005 F-150 was seven years old when I took it out to put it in my 71 MG. It went another four years in the MG. Never have had one last that long since.

Longest that I can recall was in my 2003 Jag X-type (of all cars LOL), as far as I know, it never had a battery replacement.

It was mine for 3 years then my mom had it as a pleasure/weekend car for another 4 years or so, and drove it for pleasure and occasionally a commute. All on the OEM battery. That car was a joy to drive, and had its faults, but apparently the battery wasn't one of them.

Far cry from my Sorento that needed a new battery a hair over 3 years into ownership, then another one just outside the 2nd batteries warranty when the alternator died, traded it with its third battery. I'm curious to see how the CX-5 is on batteries.

2008 BMW 328i sold a few years to my brother at 210k had the original battery. He still has the car, runs like it’s got 50k still with the orig battery working fine.

Still on the OE battery for my 2011 Hyundai. The car has only been driven in the summer and the battery gets topped up regularly when parked in the winter. Will be driving this vehicle full time year round though, and according to my battery tester it's only got 300 CCA out of the stock 850 CCA so I'll probably replace it this year before winter hits.

I have two Panasonic basic lead acid oem Scion batteries taken out of use in the past year. One is 8 years old, the other 7 years. I top them off every 6 months. Both still hold 12.6 v. I also have a 14 year old Panasonic LC-1220P SLA-VRLA standby battery that was used in an early 70's BMW motorcycle. That also still holds a charge well.

The Motorcraft oem batteries in a couple of Fords that I had bought new in the 80's went 7-8 years before they were proactively replaced. They were said to be made by Johnson Controls back then.

Believe it or not...
21 years on the Walmart* EverStart DT on the Firebird in my signature. When I bough this battery, I also bought a Schumacher Battery Maintainer and keep the battery plugged in when I'm not driving the car.

12 years on the AAP Autolite Silver Deep Cycle for my battery backup sump pump in my basement. This is always on "maintain". And as long as you check the acid level and keep it from going below the led plates, who know how long a battery can last.

7 years(coming in Oct '21), the OE battery for the Altima in my signature. This also is kept on a maintainer(often) throughout the years.

All of my batteries have removal caps atop the battery and I check the acid level 2X/yr. I believe that these 3 batteries longevity has to do with keeping the battery post clean, keeping acid level up & keeping the battery on some type of a maintainer.

Back