How old does my BMW look?

I think the e90 is aging really well.

Maybe I'm just saying that because I just ordered a water pump, hoses, thermostat, and bottle for mine for $700 and I'm justifying keeping mine for a few more years.

I do think these cars are keepers, though.
Where did you order those off of?

Last edited:
I think the e90 is aging really well.

Maybe I'm just saying that because I just ordered a water pump, hoses, thermostat, and bottle for mine for $700 and I'm justifying keeping mine for a few more years.

I do think these cars are keepers, though.
For an N52 (325,328,330) https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw-water-pump-replacement-kit-n51-n52-n52n-oem-11517586925kit
For an N54 (335) https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw-water-pump-replacement-kit-11517632426kit
For an N55 (2011+ 335) https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw-water-pump-replacement-kit-11517632426kt3

I did order from FCP, actually. Also ordered the associated hoses (at my mileage they seem to break when I look at them) and a BMW coolant bottle, which was the original problem. (My level stick disappeared after the polar vortex. Maybe a 50/50 coolant mixture wasn't enough at -20F?) My price includes the bottle, shipping, and MN tax.

I did order from FCP, actually. Also ordered the associated hoses (at my mileage they seem to break when I look at them) and a BMW coolant bottle, which was the original problem. (My level stick disappeared after the polar vortex. Maybe a 50/50 coolant mixture wasn't enough at -20F?) My price includes the bottle, shipping, and MN tax.
Ohhh, what hoses did you order?

Based upon the exterior styling and how well cared for it is, it could easily be mistaken for a close to new car. But for me, the interior is pretty dated. I'd guess it looks like about 2003 - 2006 era interior. At least, that's what I would have guessed until someone pointed out that it's a 2009.

Based upon the exterior styling and how well cared for it is, it could easily be mistaken for a close to new car. But for me, the interior is pretty dated. I'd guess it looks like about 2003 - 2006 era interior. At least, that's what I would have guessed until someone pointed out that it's a 2009.
I forgot I have the car listed in my bio or whatever it’s called 😂

I prefer that about my interior. Anything with a giant screen to me = outdated next year, but I also work in the tech field. My E90 doesn't have IDrive, I think if it did have the version available in 2009 it would feel much older.

If I didn't know about BMWs or cars in general, as the OP stated as a ground rule, I'd say the car was just purchased in the last year and had been cared for!

(I love my Buick LaCrosse. But there are times I miss the gold '15 3 Series.)

My wife got a CPO 2009 328i, and gave her 2004 X3 2.5i to our son. A couple of years later she asked if I’d be mad if she took the X3 back and gave the 3er to our son. He loves it, and keeps it pristine- except for a hit and run ding on the LF fender...
7C69B78E-1F65-4708-9389-893B97CAB611.jpeg

Did you use an OE/OEM part? I always buy my maintenance items off fcp. That way, if the part breaks or wears out, I don’t have to pay for the part again.
Behr/Hella (Now Mahle), and Dorman puts their sticker over Mahle,third time now. I recently read BMW will not allow aftermarket parts to be produced in the same factory as the BMW branded parts. That makes sense to me as the quality isn’t the same. If I did it again I would have just got the BMW dealer part.

I prefer that about my interior. Anything with a giant screen to me = outdated next year, but I also work in the tech field. My E90 doesn't have IDrive, I think if it did have the version available in 2009 it would feel much older.
It's not the lack of technology that makes the interior look dated, but rather the styling. The satin metallic trim across the dash and on the doors. The style of the steering wheel and airbag, and the console look pretty typical of early 2000 era.

Back