how much for walmart installation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
On walmarts website they list tire installation/balancing/etc and lifetime rotation for $9.76 ea. I assume this is when you purchase the tires from them, correct? (No walmart nearby for me to check right now)

Do they charge more for tires brought in?

The $9.76 is for tires you buy from them. They charge less to mount and balance tires you bring in yourself.I had two tires put on there yesterday.

My local store (Michigan) is asking $13.45 (11 + 1.75 Valve + 0.70 Disposal) for tire you bring with you. Sounds logical to me.

sounds like a good deal and definately cheaper than the $60-80 tire shops have quoted me.

discount tire direct - tires.com has a great deal for the yokos i want - $50 rebate, free s/h. i will save over $100 by buying them myself, after installation even, compared to the local tire shop for the same tire.

The W-Ms in my area quote $40 to $60 for tires.

Some places are sore about mounting other's tires...until you reminde them that is $60 at about 95% profit...far better than the 4 tires for $99 deal's profit margin!

quote:

Originally posted by surfstar:
sounds like a good deal and definately cheaper than the $60-80 tire shops have quoted me.

I got a few of those high qoutes when I bought my tires from tirerack. The cheapest prices I found were in the "bad side of town" 4 mounted & spin balanced for $30. No disposal fee and the shop kept the old tires for resale.
If you dont mind locking your doors you can save a few bucks.

How is the balance and rims after a Walmart installation? I am quite tempted to special order some great tires from them (Michelin Pilot A/S) using their website and have them installed locally. The price differential is about $100-$150 less than any local tire shop. The price/tire uninstalled is less than tirerack.com and tires.com .

$7.50 lifetime balance and rotation per tire(no other way to get a balance)
$1.75 Valve stem
Mounting is free if you buy the tires there, $2.50 if your bring your own.
$9.76 for both plus a road hazard waranty(this is seriously the only way to do it)
$.75 for disposal of old tire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back