How much do you spend eating out???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I make bread in Zojirushi breadmaker to make PBJs and a thermos of black coffee. I am trying to reduce bad cholesterol and raise my good lipids. The bread has 2 tbs of olive oil and a 1/2 cup flaxseed meal in it. My flour is King Arthur and I use 50 % whole wheat. It is not fine dining, I will have a good supper cooked at home by my foodie son. We may order Chinese on weekends. My idea of fast food is getting the calamari home before it gets tough.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
I travel a good deal so sometimes eating out is a way of life. I try to go for quality over quantity, and watch what I eat. We do enjoy a lot of ethnic foods, and I do try to get pho when I can. Its my splurge, but rare eye round, sprouts and onions arent that bad, plus I usually have them go very light on the noodles.

My home is about 15 minutes from Little Saigon in Westminster, we usually go there once or twice a month to eat Pho. There are almost 1 or more Pho restaurant on every block in that area, some are very good but most are so so. The price is reasonable, a large bowl is $5-6 and regular is $1-2 less. New Pho restaurants are opened almost every month, they usually discount 50% for a month or 2.

The good ones are always crowded on weekend, we have to wait several minutes for a table. There are some Pho restaurants in Irvine, but they are over-priced and not so good, my wife can cook Pho better than them.

Being my wife if half Vietnamese....we are Pho freaks!! love that stuff....and when my mother in law comes up....it's ON!!! Try what the Vietnamese call "yellow pancakes"...delicious!! But yeah, if we had the time we'd be eating more of that for sure. No such restuarants in chickasha oklahoma unfortunently....I wish!!

Being my wife if half Vietnamese....we are Pho freaks!! love that stuff....and when my mother in law comes up....it's ON!!! Try what the Vietnamese call "yellow pancakes"...delicious!! But yeah, if we had the time we'd be eating more of that for sure. No such restuarants in chickasha oklahoma unfortunently....I wish!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back