how many quarts of oil you squatting on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good oil sales not found often here, at least not having to combine it with an oil filter I don't want (ie: fram)but I want great oil sales not good.

Had 80 quarts of maxlife dino gotten for free or $1.40 a quart last year, down to 40 now. Will last a year.

4 Purolator Premium oil filters gotten at Advance BOGO

4 STP oil filters (did not know I had this many, thought I was down to 2)

306 quarts last time I checked. 24 qts of VP racing 10-40 & 15-50 48 isg qts of penn platinum 6 qts of Mobil 0-40. 12 qts of Syntec blend (10-40). I was told by my fellow racers that the mazda RX-7 (spec 7) likes the heavier oil especially during the hot summers at the track. I think its a sickness. My parents,and friends think I'm nuts... Must be an oil thing

I am slowly getting my stash down. Sitting at 134 quarts now:
70 quarts Castrol 5w30
10 quarts Castrol Syn Blend 5w30
24 quarts Castrol 10w30
18 quarts Trop Artic 10w30
6 quarts MaxLife 10w30
6 quarts Supertech 10w30
About 26 Napa Golds for 4 different vehicles

I can't count my stash as it is part of my shop's inventory but needless to say I really enjoy buying in bulk.
coffeetime.gif

I'm a piker . . . 4 quarts of Havoline 10W-40, 1.5 quarts of TropArtic 10W-30, 6 quarts of Chevron 10W-40. That plus two oil filters sets me up for the rest of the year.

I'm a small-timer. 58 quarts in a mix of brands and weights to support 3 cars, 1 truck, 1 tractor, 2 generators, and a few air-cooled junk engines.

currently around 85 qts, since I just had to go and buy another jug of Motomaster F1 5w20 on sale. But I did use 4.5 recently, and will use another 4 soon since my car's Hav5w20 is nearing 10,000 km.

284 quarts of oil, more than I thought!

Ate Super Blue brake fluid 3 liters
Delvac 1 3 gal.
Honda premix coolant 1.5 gal.
Valvoline Synpower brake fluid 2 32 oz
Motul 5.1 brake fluid .5 liter
Elf Excellium 0W-30 14 liter
Valvoline Maxline 10W-40 3 qts
Valvoline Maxline 5W-30 5 qts
Valvoline Maxline PSF 1 qt
Pennzoil Platinum 10W-30 6 qts
Pennzoil Platinum 5W-30 45 qts
Pennzoil Platinum 5W-20 11 qts
Mobil 1 0w-20 5 qts
Mobil 1 5W-20 1 qts
Mobil 1 5W-40 1 qt
Mobil 7500 10W-30 2 qts
Mobil 7500 5W-30 3 qts
Delo 400 15W-40 4 gal
VSOT 5 bottles
LC-20 2 gal
FP-3000 2 gal
Valvoline Synpower 5W-40 20 qts
Valvoline Synpower 5W-20 11 qts
Castrol GC Green 36 qts
Castrol GC Gold 30 qts
Honda Dual Pump fluid 1 liter
Valvoline All Season 10W-40 3 qts
Shell Formula 10W-40 4 qts
Redline 5W-20 24 qts
Redline 5W-30 12 qts
Redline 5W-40 12 qts
Redline 10W-40 19 qts
Redline D4 ATF 9 qts
Redline MTF 8 qts
Redline MT-90 8 qts
Redline 75W-90NS 7 qts
Redline 75W-90 8 qts

Last edited:
I have about 40 quarts. I know what you mean about the wanting to change it out early because you have it, cutehumor. It is hard to resist when it's a nice sunny, lazy day, and the oil is dark, and you have 4 quarts and a filter sitting right there.

Resist the dark oil urge! Gotta admire TWBG's redline component! Especially when a 40 qt chunk of my NSPR is made up of Supertech (HM though).

I have 85 - but I just found out on the Sales Board here that Pep Boys has Valvoline All-Climate for 99 cents after rebate.

Looks like my stash may now grow to 97 - since the rebate is good on 12 quarts.

When Winchester stopped production of the 94 a local chain sporting goods store put Winchester 30-30 170gr power-points on sale for a dollar a box of 20 rounds each. The manager told me that they would not be stocking it any more and said they just received a shipment with a thousand boxes that got dumped on them and told me he was wondering if they would ever sell the stuff. I bought the whole lot. I sold 250 boxes to a neighbor for a thousand to neighbor and another 250 for a thousand again to someone I met at the range and walked away with 500 boxes and double my money back. I think that watching for in-store bargain sales in these chain stores, sporting goods or auto parts can be worth while. That store manager was so happy that I helped him out that he gave me everything in a big cardboard box, 4 30-cal cleaning kits, two dozen bottles of gun oil and all kinds of other gun stuff in broken boxes and bottles with labels torn or packaging messed up or pieces missing. It was like Christmas for a gun junkie.

I counted this weekend and I have 77 Qts of PP 5W20 and 2 gal of 5W30 Max Life and 5 filters. I probably have 4 or 5 qts of odds and end oil for the mower and about a half gal of compressor oil. I think I'll quit for now on the PP since I have enough for a couple of years of changes.

With all the vehicles, boats, tractors, generators and sundry other power equipment around here, we keep over 200 quarts of various lubricants on hand at any one time. Probably too much, but I hate going to stores. As for motor oils, it is somewhere around 150 quarts, in at least four different grades/types, as a marine engine has different lubrication needs than a tractor.

Quote:

With all the vehicles, boats, tractors, generators and sundry other power equipment around here, we keep over 200 quarts of various lubricants on hand at any one time. Probably too much, but I hate going to stores. As for motor oils, it is somewhere around 150 quarts, in at least four different grades/types, as a marine engine has different lubrication needs than a tractor.

That's sort of the reason I keep such a large stash. The oils I want are either not available locally, or are out of stock when I need them, and are always full price.

So I have to mail order them and get a lot at once to bring shipping down.

Or if its GC or the various rebate or BOGO deals I have to wait until I am in Denver for other reasons and stock up. Denver is a 200 mile + round trip.

Right now 26 quarts of PP 5W-30. Still hitting Advance Auto Parts stores as I pass them for the BOGO promotion, so this will increase. Oddly enough, the AAs near me are selling out of the 10W-30 quickly, leaving the 5W-30 and even the 5W-20.

(Used to have a similar stash of Red Line back when AA placed their stocks of it on clearance, now all used.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back