How many oils are too many ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by Bror Jace:
Here at BITOG, we put the "anal" in oil analysis.
wink.gif

lol.gif
grin.gif
That is just too close to the truth
grin.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Dominic:
Oh yeah? Well I keep motor oil in my bedroom! (Live in an apartment). I should post photos. I had to find a special kind of girl to me with me, with garage stuff in the bedroom :-D
patriot.gif

Does she have any teeth??? You just never know what sort of women you'll find up there 'round Tallahassee!
wink.gif
Sorry Dominic, but your "From" line is like a waving bright red flag in front of this orange an blue bull! All in good fun, but the battle to keep 'noles in their place has no boundaries in time, space, or the internet either!
lol.gif
cheers.gif

This site has to be the best blend of good info and good humor anywhere on the internet.
grin.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Gary Allan:
Do you have a shrine to display your collection? This is the key to your "wellness". Is it merely a stack of boxes and loose bottles ...

YES!
grin.gif
The wife surely thinks I'm crazy with a dozen filters and all the fixin's. Just found M1 10w-30 for $3.64/qt so I bought 3 cases. Never can have enough M1, right?

quote:

Posted by TallPaul: This is therapy. Whenever you are stressed, go out and rearrange your oil bottles--or go to the store and add to the collection.

I do like all the different colored caps M1 has. I place them in order--blue,green,red. And I thought I was the ONLY one who destressed in this manner!
fruit.gif

offtopic.gif

Sorry, no Toyota OEM oil in my shrine...

I sympathize with you oil nuts. My therapy is to list my oils for you.
M1 SUV (6)
Superflo Synth (6)
Superflo Semi-syn (25)
GC (~42)
Saab Synth (10L)
Havoline dino (6)
Delo (8)
M1 0w-40 (1)
Rotella 10w-30 (12)

I don't want to count how many that is.
shocked.gif

quote:

I place them in order--blue,green,red.

Ah ..but have you tried it with the black capped M1 synthetic AFT and used the synth gear lube like bookends to accent the ensemble?

Don't forgot to photograph the better oil bottle arrangements.

Maybe we could have an oil bottle arranging contest. The winner could get some cases of GC and some Wix filters.

I feel so inadequate: All I have is one quart of Canadian Tire 80W-90 dino gear oil and a Fram Double Guard filter.... neither of which I use anymore.

That's it... I'll have to get a trophy case, and stock it full of the best golden fluid known to man... well, some green fluid, too
fruit.gif

quote:

quote:

I place them in order--blue,green,red.

Ah ..but have you tried it with the black capped M1 synthetic AFT and used the synth gear lube like bookends to accent the ensemble?

No I haven't. In fact, I've been shamelessly neglecting the proper order of M1 ATF next to M1 oil. I better get out to the shed an arrange things properly immediately after I get home from work today.
grin.gif

I have a carton of Brake-Clean, does that go by the oil or ATF? ...or both??

I have lined up on my garage shelf in order of size of the can (not sure I have the titles exactly right):

CRC Power Lube
CRC Electrical Contact Cleaner
CRC Lectra Motive Brake Cleaner
CRC EFI Intake Cleaner.

As you can see, besides being a Valvoline nut, I also am a CRC nut. The old timers will remember "CRC 5-56" (now Power Lube minus the wintergreen).

quote:

I have a carton of Brake-Clean, does that go by the oil or ATF? ...or both??

Do you mean that you don't have a seperate display for spray cleaners and other agents?
confused.gif

quote:

[QB*-*-snip*-*-
Do you have a shrine to display your collection? This is the key to your "wellness". Is it merely a stack of boxes and loose bottles ...or a dedicated stand alone RACK/display case all neet and tidy? *-*-snip*-*[/QB]

As for me and mine... Boxes, lots of quarts and gallon and some buckets.
One stack is only foot high and about 3x3
the other is 5-5.5 foot tall by 1.5x1.5
the other about 3.5-4 foot tall and 1.5x1.5

Um-m-mm...I have...um-m-m...one...um-m...hundred...er...fifty...um-m-m...four...qts of the Elixer of Life plus some M1 0W40 and some...um-m-m...Agip PC 5W40 and some Mobil Drive Clean...am I way behind everyone else?
grin.gif

I am in the process of trying to standardize on one or two oils. I am presently using Mobil Delvac 1300 in a 21 year old Mercedes Diesel, and Shell Rotella Synthetic 5w-40 in everything else.

I am trying to use up the stray quarts of this and that hanging around. I just used up several quarts of Havoline that were marked, "Sponsor, 1992 Olympics".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back