How many insurance claims

Like the title says. I’ve had two insurance claims already on my 15 Tacoma. One for hail damage and another for a squirrel chewing through the abs harness. Yesterday we had the worse hail I’ve experienced in the 17 years in Texas. Lots of dents again but no windshield shattering. At one point would insurance total out a vehicle based on how many claims made? She runs extremely well. Then there’s resale value if the dents aren’t fixed if I don’t make a claim. Not sure what to do. Thanks.

At one point would insurance total out a vehicle based on how many claims made? She runs extremely well. Then there’s resale value if the dents aren’t fixed if I don’t make a claim. Not sure what to do. Thanks.
No. They total it out when the damage exceeds ~75% the current value of the vehicle.

PDR can work some minor miracles with hail damage. I don’t think they will total the truck unless the cost of repair exceeds 75% of the truck value - but raising your rates as the result of your claims experience is possible.
I have had real good luck with PDR....If the paint is not chipped they can make it look good as new....

I don't think there is any point where a car gets totalled because of the number of claims. Cars are declared a total loss when an repairs for one event (accident) reach a specific threshold, but if the car's salvage value plus the repair cost gets to 75% of the the car's value in repaired condition, that's pretty much the end of the road.

No. They total it out when the damage exceeds ~75% the current value of the vehicle.
They total it out when the repair cost + salvage value exceeds the current value of the vehicle; that number may be higher or lower depending on the salvage value of the vehicle. Or, if your state has specific rules.

I have had real good luck with PDR....If the paint is not chipped they can make it look good as new....
PDR took care of this, so I'm definitely a believer. Got caught in hail in 2014 and parts of the car looked like the surface of a golf ball. This was the biggest dent they had to fix.
1716913230249.jpg

Looks like the top of the dent has broken paint. Do you have an after picture?
When I posted that I thought that I should probably have had an after picture. :D Here it is, as of about 2 minutes ago. I know some of the panels needed painting because the paint was broken - actually looked split, like someone took a knife to the surface, but I don't recall them saying that this fender needed repainting.

1716915715399.jpeg

Back