How long should I leave this "cleaning oil" in??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 95 jeep grand cherokee with the 5.2 with 134k on it that I just bought used just recently.
It has some sludge in it under the valve cover as the PCV valve was original as well as the pcv valve hose was twarn. I have replaced all that as well as changed the oil with maxlife blend 5/30 and a quart of rislone engine treatment.
Oil pressure is great with 70 psi cold and 40 hot idle.
How long should I keep this oil in the engine? It has about 800 miles on it now and still looks ok clean wise.
I am aware of the auto RX stuff as I plan on using it in the future.

I'd run it 3k, then change it, unless pressure drops or it starts to look nasty before then. I'd be tempted to run another 3k with T5 10W-30 (or T6) and MMO in there after this one.

Originally Posted By: rslifkin
I'd run it 3k, then change it, unless pressure drops or it starts to look nasty before then. I'd be tempted to run another 3k with T5 10W-30 (or T6) and MMO in there after this one.

I would do synthetic but the pevious owner did not take good care of the engine as it was 1.75 qts low on oil when I bought it and it uses some. Nothing out the exhaust I can see. Im hoping cleaning it up will free the piston rings up as im sure they are full of carbon. It runs great other wise.
For $700 bucks I stole it.

I would do a few short runs 3-4K with M1HM or PU and a splash of MMO, after two runs doing that then stretch it out longer with just PU or M1.

from here on out I'd stick with one of the two for continues cleaning as these engines are sludgers if not taken care of.

I will look into the M1 HM. I think I will keep this oil in there i have now until the spring and dump it when I do the valve cover gaskets.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back