How long can I go on GC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just filled my 1999 Ford Ranger 4x4 4.0L with GC. How long of a drain can I reasonably get with the GC? The vehicle holds 5 quarts and I am using a Motorcraft FL-1A filter. I do about 10 to 15k a year mainly highway miles. I plan on doing a UOA at the end of the drain interval recommendation that I receive from you guys.

quote:

Originally posted by Buzzsaw:
I just filled my 1999 Ford Ranger 4x4 4.0L with GC. How long of a drain can I reasonably get with the GC? The vehicle holds 5 quarts and I am using a Motorcraft FL-1A filter. I do about 10 to 15k a year mainly highway miles. I plan on doing a UOA at the end of the drain interval recommendation that I receive from you guys.

Personally I would just change the oil every 6 months which leaves a reasonable interval of 5k (low) to 7.5k and not worry too much more about it.

quote:

Didn't mercedes just get sued because of their extended OCI's

They got sued because they did not speciify "synth" (whatever that is) in the manual and people ruined their engines using dino and going by the MB FSS intervals.

I think that Mercedes problem (lawsuit) was also that some dealers were doing oil changes and not only not using synthetic, but actually using "lowest bidder" bulk dino oil.
GC really does look like it CAN go 25,000 highway miles in a healthy engine that doesn't see excessive dust in its environment.

Originally Posted By: crossbow
Didn't mercedes just get sued because of their extended OCI's?

Because when they first went to the extended drain intervals,The tech`s werent putting synthetic oil back in the engines.

Originally Posted By: andyfish
quote:

Originally posted by Buzzsaw:

Personally I would just change the oil every 6 months which leaves a reasonable interval of 5k (low) to 7.5k and not worry too much more about it.

Thats what I would do as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back