How is Mercury still around?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Dualie
Originally Posted By: wafrederick1
I do and I seen proof the 6.0 powerstrokes.The Jasper rep Iknow brought in a sheet what jasper does to the 6.0 powerstokes,the improvements.My Uncle Steve had one with a 6.0,it blew up

Just out of curiosity do you actually drive and do for a living?

It would appear he sits and listens to a Jasper rep badmouth certain engines and then comes on here and gives birth to these literary nightmares he calls posts, proclaiming the teachings of his Jasper saviour.

Just a guess though.

From his other posts I would garner that what he drives falls under the General Motors umbrella.

I'm just curious. I remember the jasper rep coming around here pontificating the greatness of the jasper product line. Several shops bit and started installing their transmissions.

that lasted about 6 months before they realized their quality control was [censored]. having seen one of their Monster box transmissions fail catastrophically in front of my own eyes I can say I will pass on the jasper line.

Mercury should have been axed years ago. Nothing different from the Ford stable mates except for a few minor trim items.

Considering the cost cutting Ford needs to survive, it should KILL this brand ASAP.

And seriously what is it with that annoying chick begging us to consider Mercury?!???!

"You just gotta kill a Mercury!" LOL

Styling-wise, I think Town Car's roofline should be more formal, like the Grand Marquis, or even crisper, like the '60s Thunderbirds and Lincolns. Otherwise, I like the appointments and luxury of the Town Car.

However, if gas goes back to $4.00/gal., I'd be glad to have a brisk little 4-cylinder gas-sipper.

CROWNVIC4LIFE My buddy rented a Fusion a few days ago..I didn't think I would like it but it was real nice..The fit and finish was excellent. But I like my Full Size sedans allot better! BTW it is the MKS..IMHO I like the looks of the Town Car much bettter..Maybe after awhile the MKS will grow on me. [/quote said:
The 2010 or 2011 Taurus, whichever it is, is a beautiful car. Check that out when it comes out.

The local Lincoln/Mercury dealer folded and was absorbed by a Ford dealer. I was thinking that it is one step closer for a Mercury extinction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back