How is Mercury still around?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That shows how flawed JD Powers is. If the Milan / Mariner / Sable / Mountaineer / Grand Marquis scores are high, so should be the scores for their stablemates at Ford.

Originally Posted By: AcuraTech

How is Mercury still around??? That's a dead brand if I've ever seen one.

Are you serious? The dealer across the street has sold 121 MKX & about 65 MKZ models since January. (I counted them) they have about 12 MKZ's left and are now getting Mustangs from their sister Ford dealer to sell and just sold 5 Mustang convertibles last week and now only have 1 left. Ford is going to rock the auto industry. (I am counting the Lincoln badge with the Mercury one)

Last edited:
On the contrary. Ford's JD Powers rating (which was decent) could be brought down by vehicles that Mercury does not sell. Fusion,F-150 etc.

Originally Posted By: CentralNY1

I think Ford is set up nicely as it is. Ford is entry-level, Mercury is mid-level and Lincoln is their high end. My wife will only drive Mercury vehicles and to be honest her last two Mountaineers have been great. No problems at all and the fit and finish is light years ahead of anything GM can produce.

As someone else that has a Chevy Trailblazer, I whole heartily agree!

Originally Posted By: Johnny
I'm old, retired, fat, and lazy. I now drive a Grand Marquis, and If I could afford a Lincoln it would be a Town Car. I want my butt to set in something large with a nice soft ride. My kids and grandkids can drive all the small electric cars of the future. Here's to the 50's and 60's.
thumbsup2.gif

Yeah, me too! When I bought my Grand Marquis, one of my family members said to me: "That's an old person car". I said "Exactly"!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: PT1
Originally Posted By: AcuraTech

How is Mercury still around??? That's a dead brand if I've ever seen one.

Are you serious? The dealer across the street has sold 121 MKX & about 65 MKZ models since January. (I counted them) they have about 12 MKZ's left and are now getting Mustangs from their sister Ford dealer to sell and just sold 5 Mustang convertibles last week and now only have 1 left. Ford is going to rock the auto industry. (I am counting the Lincoln badge with the Mercury one)

One flaw in that. Not every car that leaves the lot is a sale for that dealer.

You're not taking dealer trades into consideration.

When you see a black MKZ disappear and a silver MKZ appear.... that doesn't mean the black one was sold by that dealer, and the silver one just came off the truck.

Originally Posted By: toytundranator
What did Ford do with Land Rover and Jaguar?

they sold them to Tata in India. Aston Martin went to a oompany associated with ProDrive.

funny that such British companies are now run by an Indian company.

I like many cars in the Mercury line....the Grand Marquis being tops (no, I am not over 55). That said....perhaps it would be a good move for Ford to reduce it's footprint and minimize repetitive models. They could maybe take the best sellers from Merc and call them a Ford (it's what they are anyway). Then, bring as much production back into the U.S. as possible (if the greedy unions can be kept at bay) which could improve our economy, and help themselves in the end. Tighten things up, get rid of cars that don't make money, focus even more on quality, and advertise that they are not taking government (our) money. I think that is something to be proud of during this economic time.

Originally Posted By: rshaw125
On the contrary. Ford's JD Powers rating (which was decent) could be brought down by vehicles that Mercury does not sell. Fusion,F-150 etc.

Not to mention the horrible debacle that is the 6.4L diesel in what USED to be fords bread and butter their 3/4 and 1 ton trucks.

[censored] if they brought back the 7.3 powerstroke i would buy 3 tomorrow. And im dead serious about that statement.

Originally Posted By: Dualie

Not to mention the horrible debacle that is the 6.4L diesel in what USED to be fords bread and butter their 3/4 and 1 ton trucks.

[censored] if they brought back the 7.3 powerstroke i would buy 3 tomorrow. And im dead serious about that statement.

I think you mean the 6.0?
I have a friend with one no problems ,they been ok since a reflash in 06.as per other threads here (look them up) once the EGR was tamed they are trouble free.The EGR was the root of most probs,stuck vanes wich over boosted the engine(no popoff in turbo)oil leaks,coolers/pukeing coolent and all other manner of cr*p ensued.

There were Mercury trucks in Canada,I seen a pitcure of one in the 2009 Carquest calender,the trucks one.The 6.0 is a big POS and Jasper proved that,32 improvements in the first year 6.0s.Jaguars are hard to get parts for and the parts are expensive,$350.00 for a crank sensor.Plus any aftermarket scan tools cannot read the trouble codes except the Snap On Modis or go to the dealer.Jaguars have 2 fuel pumps,a primary and a secondary which prpoper testing has to be done which one goes bad.My fasther'sfriend Rich works on them and knows about them.British cars have lots of electrical problems too and Jaguars are oftenly called Junkguars.

NO I meant the new 6.4L diesel that is a worse POS than the mid year 03 6.0L's at least by the middle of 2005 they got the 6.0's semi sorted if you babied them stock or modified everything

I do and I seen proof the 6.0 powerstrokes.The Jasper rep Iknow brought in a sheet what jasper does to the 6.0 powerstokes,the improvements.My Uncle Steve had one with a 6.0,it blew up

Originally Posted By: wafrederick1
I do and I seen proof the 6.0 powerstrokes.The Jasper rep Iknow brought in a sheet what jasper does to the 6.0 powerstokes,the improvements.My Uncle Steve had one with a 6.0,it blew up

Just out of curiosity do you actually drive and do for a living?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back