How do you remove a name tag on t-shirt that has been through washer and dryer?

Daughter threw a shirt with name tag into the laundry basket, wife washed then dried it, now the paper is gone but the glue and some paper is stuck on the shirt. Any suggestion? It is a green T so I cannot use chemical that will change color.

Put it back in the dryer to heat up and soften it, then immediately try something like wd40 or goo- gone to remove adhesive..

Unless this some sort of very special t-shirt, I would just throw it away and buy another.

But I suppose it is nice to have a project every now and again.

It is a new shirt, not too expensive but not something that will be "just throw it away" yet. It can be a back burner project when I have time though.

It is a paper sticker tag, basically sticker on t shirt that got through dryer and hardened
Soak the area with eigher Goo-Gone or WD-40, then hand wash the area with Dawn dish washing soap using an old soft toothbrush and hot water.

Lestoil when it works it’s great
when it doesn’t try goo gone.

Also found rubbing alcohol or better yet acetone will soften the stuff.

Keep it for oil changes and work around the house, I have a few stained Tshirts that work for me. ;)

wd-40 will stain tee-shirt usually.

Goodwill doesnt really want stained clothes..
donating those goods is similar to people who recycle everything even though its not recyclable.

Back