How do you like your coffee?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like mine free! At work we have a couple machines going and as long as you get a relatively fresh pot, I find its good "regular", one cream and sugar. At home we have a grinder and french press, and usually have a fairly dark coffee, but just a normal priced brand on sale. I have it with goat milk and a teaspoon glob of local honey.

I started with cream and lots of sugar/sweetener. In college, my roommate was a big ag guy. No-name cheap coffee, strong and black, was his only way. I learned to adapt to it. Now I can't stand it unless is black as the night sky.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: Donald
No coffee. Never got into it. How much have I saved by never going to Starbucks.

I save by not going to Starbucks as well.
smile.gif

The stuff I make at home is way better than charbucks, and a lot cheaper, too.

thumbsup2.gif
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted By: HorseThief
In a cup, fool!

Solid B.A. Baracus reference, FTW....

Lol

Originally Posted By: Phishin
I use a 6 cup Bialetti Moka pot. I use various coffees in it, but Illy's is a good start...

Add another vote for the Bialetti. I use either a 3 or 1 cup version. It makes for a good homemade latte.

Originally Posted By: IndyIan
I like mine free! At work we have a couple machines going and as long as you get a relatively fresh pot, I find its good "regular", one cream and sugar. At home we have a grinder and french press, and usually have a fairly dark coffee, but just a normal priced brand on sale. I have it with goat milk and a teaspoon glob of local honey.

Yes , free . There are at least 5 supply / parts housed , in our trade , in town ( although we purchase mostly from 2 or 3 ) . All have coffee pots & some have popcorn " machines " . I fill up my Styrofoam cup each time I go to the supply house .

Being cheap & used to free coffee , it rubs me when I am traveling , to have to pay for coffee at the convenience store .

Black, as in straight out of the pot. No cream, no sugar, nothing.

If you can't drink it that way, you're doing something wrong.

Originally Posted By: MolaKule
Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
No coffee. Never got into it. How much have I saved by never going to Starbucks.

I save by not going to Starbucks as well.
smile.gif

The stuff I make at home is way better than charbucks, and a lot cheaper, too.

thumbsup2.gif
thumbsup2.gif

Real friends don't let friends go to Starfuch's

I'm a wimp, can't stand coffee. Maybe one day when I grow up I'll like it
grin2.gif

But I don't need it to get up in the morning, just some water and I'm good to go.

I think people's bodies get too dependent on it. I'd hate to have that happen.

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
Black, as in straight out of the pot. No cream, no sugar, nothing.

If you can't drink it that way, you're doing something wrong.

My machine has no pot.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Kuato

Me either. Had 2 friends in college, one would tear your head off if he didn't have 4-5 cups right after getting up. The other one would drink 2 POTS of coffee before he was able to acknowledge anyone in the morning. Not for me thanks.

Me three. In retrospect, probably has some beneficial anti-oxidants that reduces the risk of various disease.

Never learned how to make a pot of coffee. First time was when I had the Duty Officer watch in port on a Sunday. The Captain happened to show up and wondered where "his" coffee was. At that moment I learned how to make coffee...lol. And any time I had the Duty after that, there was a hot pot ready to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back