How Do I stopped blocked email

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm using Windows Live Mail with Win. 7. I've tried to stop unwanted repeat senders by adding their emails to the "Add Sender To The Blocked Senders List". This does not work. The blocked senders' mails just keep coming in. Is there a way to stop them?
Thanks to someone who is going to know the answer here. I really appreciate some help on this.

That should do it.......unless of course the unwanted mail sender is using a forged/non-existent or incompatible "From:" email address in the header.....you may be better off running the spam through spamcop.net and get the spam filtered there.....after enough complaints, they will give up, or their ISP will shut off their account......

Good freeware program out there called SpamBayes. It plugs in on most mail programs. Has a little learning curve, but extensive whitelist/blacklist. give it a try. Most spam emails are getting sneaky, by having multiple mail addresses, servers, IP addresses, etc.

Dave

Originally Posted By: krholm
SrDriver. Windows Live Mail, as stated.

Windows Live Mail is a piece of software that helps manage email accounts from various email providers. SrDriver was asking you who your email provider was that's sending you spam: Is it Hotmail? Is it Yahoo? Is it Gmail? Is it something else?

SrDriver
Quattro Pete: Sorry, I didn't fully understand what answer was needed. I believe Comcast is the answer. Comcast is my ISP.

What's the domain name that is after the "@"? That will determine what kind of email it is.

the problem is the emails arent from the same sender..
check the header of the email and it will be slightly different.

You need a spam filtering email.. or you can have all mail sent to a junk folder except people from your address book.
otherwise just mark everything thats junk as spam and eventually it might help some.

this is why I switched to gmail from yahoo.. gmail's spam filter is alot better.

best bet would be to find and use a spam blocking program

Last edited:
Here is some information about blocking email for Comcast.

Link To Article

You will need to log on to their web site using your web browser.

I am mainly a Linux user and have not played with Windows Live Mail. Don't know what filters can be created in that program.

I use the free Thunderbird Email Program which has a Linux, Windows, & MAC O/S version. You can create filters in it to block all email from anyone not in your address list, etc.

Between blocking @ the Comcast web site and creating some filters in the Windows Live Mail Program you can stop it with a little work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back