How close to your start time do you arrive at work

Status
Not open for further replies.
5-15 minutes for the most part
depending on what we have going on in the morning , sometimes 30min - 1 hr early.

I work part time while I’m in college. Supposed to be there at 4pm, but I am usually there around 3-3:15pm. I hate being late to anything. Only once ever have I been late to work, I was late by 15 minutes due to a fatal accident on the freeway and traffic was crazy.

15 minutes. Have some time to pour a coffee before hitting the road. I'm a delivery driver.

Need to clock in between 6:38 and 6:52 (6:45 clock in time).
I usually leave my house around 6:25 and am waiting for the clock to turn to 6:38.
It is great being 3 miles from work.

I have so many co-workers I see running in around 6:51 (or later) trying to beat the clock. I don't get it. You know what time you need to be there. You know how long (on average) it takes to get there, so plan for it.
I know of several that have been fired for being late more than 12 times in a year.

Hourly IT job in Texas, 8am to 5pm.

Arrive about 755. Work until 5pm.

Usually clock about 8-10 hours of OT per week from home.

When I lived in NY, most jobs work 8am-4pm or 9am-5pm. Noticed that Texas law does not have paid breaks, so we work an extra hour.

It's been many years since I've been on a fixed schedule.
I always arrive at work sometime between 7:45 and 8:15 am, but not having to be aware of the time makes for a relaxing morning.
It's nice not having to worry about hitting any particular time and it's also nice to put in a long week and then bug out early on Friday, especially during the warmer months.

Small business owner. Get in around 5 am leave around 2.But totally flexible . Only come in that early to check my emails for any last minute customer needs so I can pull the orders get them on the trucks before they leave.

I work at a remote Military Staging yard. I get to work 30 minutes early and open up our metal shop and my office.
The yard is operated by the Company I work for, A DOD Contractor. I like to sit and relax with a big cup of coffee before starting my day. The 6 other employees show up within a few minutes of our starting time most days.

Originally Posted By: stevejones
I'm always on time when I walk in, no matter what time I walk in.

Salaried.

Ditto. We don't have flex time but no one watches, so I aim for 15 early (7:45) and leave 15 early (4:45), and try to beat rush hour. Some days I miss leaving on time and will work until 5:30, just because I hate traffic that much.

I arrive at 0730-0735. Contract is 0755 to 1555hrs. I am a boss and if I do not arrive early enough to get a grasp of what's going on from the previous tour, then we all suffer.

Clock in ...Nope. I'm the boss.Get it done is the only thing that matters. Miss 10 to 1800 shifts. Easier to plan a schedule or love life lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back