how about a ford fusion ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: JTK
IMO, Ford built these to compete with the Camry/Accord segment, but they're a lot less money used.

I'm kinda a Honda guy but when our Odyssey was totaled, we replaced it with a Fusion. It wasn't even on my list of look-at cars - I was looking at Accords and Camrys primarily but they go for 25-40% over 'domestic' brands and we simply didn't want to spend that much (we also went from NO car payment to having a car payment !!).

That said, we like it.... My wife loved her Odyssey but didn't want another mini-van. She wasn't too picky, just asked for a sunroof and heated seats. Well, she got the heated seats.

I've even been looking at Fusions in the 2012 year range to replace my older Accord ! One with a 3.0L-V6 would be NICE.

My brother in law is a multi millionaire living in Desert Mountain and Flagstaff AZ. He owns a huge a MB chassis motor home, MB sedans and he is fussy...you get the idea. Anyway...he test drove most if not all of the hybrids/electric cars(from anoub 1 to 1 1/2 years ago) and choose the Fusion Energi plug. He loves the vehicle and gets 25+ miles before the gas motor kicks in (slightly down hill to Phoenix from Desert Mountain). He is 6'4" and it fits him perfectly. 15,000 miles (last time I saw him) and all he had was praise for the entire car..

Originally Posted By: L_Sludger
Originally Posted By: gabriel9766
My mom has a 2010 fusion se with the 2.5L. We've had it a lil over 1.5 yrs and 10k. Its got 103k on it. She loves the car and its been pretty trouble free. When we bought it it needed brakes all the way around and had a bad VCG leak. I got $300 knocked off the price so i could do it at home. Only other thing i have done to it is the 4 lower control arms/ball joints. Now tht was a Nightmare but not 2 bad.
Ain't that car kind of young for four lower control arms or ball joints as you described?
well it got 100k out of them in 7 yrs. So it wasn't to bad. I got all 4 control arms 4 $150 and did it myself.

Last edited:
Don't know if it's already been mentioned, but there's some type of recall for the Ford Focus transmission. Don't remember the details, but my coworker has one (2015 model?) and the dealer said their some type of recall to resolve some issue with the transmission. I wasn't paying too much attention at the time so I don't recall the details of the issue that's resolved.

Just did a quick google search and I think this is it: http://www.carcomplaints.com/news/2017/ford-transmission-lawsuit-settlement.shtml

Originally Posted By: CKN
While I'm not a Ford fan-the Fusions have proven to be a very reliable automobile.

Good luck on your decision.

FWIW I wasn't a Ford fan until I bought a late-model Mustang to restore. This is a well-engineered car.

Originally Posted By: 4WD
And quiet too - around town we can't even hear the engine running
wink.gif

I see what you did there.

I have a distant cousin Mazda 6i; to me it looks better than Fusion; but both are just great cars.

My turn off at Fusion is that there is only one function lever behind the steering wheel; I don't why they would design only one, looks odd to me

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back