House Wiring Question

Yep; all good. I am glad that I chose Eaton over Leviton. Based upon what I have read about Eaton they bring some of their commercial features into their residential line.
Eaton looks good, also the Legrande he reviews later against the Eaton. I never got into it that deep. Any commercial outlet is better than the 59 cent ones, although those even seem to last a long time. HD is closer so I got some Leviton, and there is a grade higher than the one he reviewed. The first thing I look at in the store is if it is made in USA. If so, then I get that one.

Eaton looks good, also the Legrande he reviews later against the Eaton. I never got into it that deep. Any commercial outlet is better than the 59 cent ones, although those even seem to last a long time. HD is closer so I got some Leviton, and there is a grade higher than the one he reviewed. The first thing I look at in the store is if it is made in USA. If so, then I get that one.
I would have went with Legrand, but they are not readily available whereas the Eaton's are at Lowes. Though it would seem the Leviton quality of construction does not compare to the Eaton or Legrand, we have to keep in mind the ones I replaced lasted 20 years so that is nothing to sneeze at.

we have to keep in mind the ones I replaced lasted 20 years so that is nothing to sneeze at.
I'd think many outlets would last a lot longer than 20 years. Most outlets get something plugged into them and rarely touched. It's the outlets with frequent usage that wear out. In my house, as I'm replacing outlets, all of the ones along the kitchen counter were replaced with commercial-grade outlets and in other rooms, some are commercial (the one my wife or I plug in the vacuum into, for example), while the rest are residential-grade.

This is what can happen to $0.49 outlets (this happened to (3) of ours over time) that get used too much:

IMG_20140802_160707 2.jpg
63432927182__06943127-1AD6-4D59-84E9-FFB33AD4E097 2.JPG

Replaced them with these: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Leviton...e-Duplex-Outlet-White-R82-16252-0WS/100191324

Back