Hot Weather

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep we are having a cold front today. Only 92 with a heat index of 102. Had to put a sweater on.

LOL yeah.....108 with heat index here today over 90% humidity today.

Originally Posted By: Bud
Yep we are having a cold front today. Only 92 with a heat index of 102. Had to put a sweater on.

Yep! Had to finally light the pilot in my heater
laugh.gif

Need to move closer to the water, it's only 88 degrees Fahrenheit here today. My house sits right on the river though. Go a 1/4 mile or so away, or go to sandpoint, its 100 degrees. Pretty smoky too so I'm staying in the house today. My eyes are burning!

Based upon the map you've posted, I'd say that the Northern areas have Texas and Florida pretty well beat on high temperatures for at least that day.
Those do seem like really extreme temps for that far North.

Originally Posted By: KneeGrinder
Need to move closer to the water, it's only 88 degrees Fahrenheit here today. My house sits right on the river though. Go a 1/4 mile or so away, or go to sandpoint, its 100 degrees. Pretty smoky too so I'm staying in the house today. My eyes are burning!
108 in Caldwell.

Originally Posted By: CT8
Originally Posted By: KneeGrinder
108 in Caldwell.

I have a neighbor with a vacation house next to me, they live in Lewiston ID, 109 degrees yesterday! Its hotter down there!

We've got the heat, compounded by poor air quality (smoke from forest fires in B.C. and Alberta).

Sunday's projected 38 C works out to 100 F. But in just 10 weeks or so it will be time for winter tires.

Originally Posted By: Number_35
We've got the heat, compounded by poor air quality (smoke from forest fires in B.C. and Alberta).

Sunday's projected 38 C works out to 100 F. But in just 10 weeks or so it will be time for winter tires.

There are not many cities that can go from -40 to +40 C in the same year!

Originally Posted By: fdcg27
Based upon the map you've posted, I'd say that the Northern areas have Texas and Florida pretty well beat on high temperatures for at least that day.
Those do seem like really extreme temps for that far North.

In our local town city of Cranbrook BC we hit a new record of 102 degrees. I’ll bet some records in Idaho and Montana were also broken.

Originally Posted By: Snagglefoot
Originally Posted By: Number_35

There are not many cities that can go from -40 to +40 C in the same year!
True, and think of the toll it takes on our potholed roads.

When I was in grade school we hit -45 C one winter, so combined with the +38 C we've hit in the past, that's a spread of 83 C between extremes.

I went to hear legendary astronaut John Young speak here one cold January evening, many years ago. He commented that the swing from 80 F in Houston that morning to Winnipeg's -30 F that evening was impressive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back