Horrible AAA roadside assistance experience!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Gasbuggy
AAA sent me a skinhead one night when my fuel pump died. Swastica tat and all, no shirt on. We were flying down the back roads going 60-70 in the rollback. The meth must have been doing it's job. I'm white so we got along ok.

I know someone who called for a no-start on a Porsche 911 AWD, and the driver showed up in a GMC C-35...red with one white and one maroon door, gas six cylinder, 3 on the column(!), chrome "foot" gas pedal, and "Ol' Roy" lettered on the side of the deck.

I know the guy, because I was the dude driving the GMC...it was the only rollback available at the time. The expression on the dude's face was priceless. It was about an hour drive, as I recall...and the dealer actually had someone there at 9pm.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Jarlaxle
Originally Posted by Gasbuggy
AAA sent me a skinhead one night when my fuel pump died. Swastica tat and all, no shirt on. We were flying down the back roads going 60-70 in the rollback. The meth must have been doing it's job. I'm white so we got along ok.

I know someone who called for a no-start on a Porsche 911 AWD, and the driver showed up in a GMC C-35...red with one white and one maroon door, gas six cylinder, 3 on the column(!), chrome "foot" gas pedal, and "Ol' Roy" lettered on the side of the deck.

I know the guy, because I was the dude driving the GMC...it was the only rollback available at the time. The expression on the dude's face was priceless. It was about an hour drive, as I recall...and the dealer actually had someone there at 9pm.

Ha, I bet that old truck is easier to get a low car onto? I love AAA, I haven't found the limits of what they'll do. The company has their own policies but the drivers want to get paid. I've tipped anywhere from $20 to $75 depending on the circumstance. They towed a 56 GMC 350 series 14' stake bed dually almost 100 miles for me. I told the owner if AAA tows it I'll buy it. A girl I know launched a car off an embankment into a creek on a back road. Alcohol may have been involved. She called her AAA! Driver refused. $300 later that car was out of there.

I'd hook just about anything, if the truck and I could do so safely. I took "Ol' Roy" because I needed a flatbed, and another driver was in the F-550-for a run that long, I would MUCH rather have had the 550, with the 7.3 diesel and overdrive! (The GMC has, IIRC, 4.56 gears.) I once hooked an ML55 AMG with an F-350 hoist truck...thought the dude was going to have a stroke, but I did it. Once got a call for a "Lincoln in a ditch"...that was a Navigator SUV halfway down an embankment. That was a 4-hour saga that included me winding up in a creek. (And ended with be calling my boss and telling him I was taking the truck home and changing before my next call.) The E-class that I picked up from a Starbucks (insert stereotypes here, the driver fit them all) was entertaining, because I picked it up with a ratty 1972 Ford F-800 rollback. The driver looked like he would rather have hitch-hiked...especially after discovering just how an old F-800 rides.

My wife in a medium-duty wrecker got some interesting reactions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back