Honda Wiper inserts

Does anyone have experience with Honda wiper blade inserts?
You can purchase just the rubber blade insert and not have to change out the whole blade.
They can be had only through dealers and OEM online parts, don't seem to be available aftermarket.
So, the list price is ~$7.5, but then you gotta deal with dealer or pay a lot for shipping.

The questions are: How do they compare longer term to what's available in beam/etc type where you replace the whole blade?
And are there any aftermarket options that i'm not aware of?

you can get the inserts online or thru the Dealers parts dept., if you can get the parts number you can online search for the best deal. FYI I was using the HONDA inserts for the life of my 2006 Honda Accord and recently bought both BOSCHE Microedge basic wiper arm/blades from ROCKAUTO for less than $20 shipped that are working fantastically, I kept the old metal arms and pieces in reserve in case I go back to the OEM blades but really think ill stay with the BOSCHES for price/performance on my older car.

Last edited:
OEM Honda blade inserts are better than any blade I have tried in the past. I just have the dealer replace them once a year ( spring, after winter ) and they last another year. Just the inserts get changed.

They work real well. Typically they'll install 'em for you too ! When we had our Odyssey, the rear wiper wasn't readily available and wiper inserts were one of the few options.

Yes, I put a set in my grandma’s CRV a few years ago. Was cheaper and better quality than the aftermarket stuff. Just the inserts.

Used them exclusively in my 06 Pilot. Did 200k+ with the factory wiper arms. Always got good service out of them.

They last 6-9 months out here which is only slightly better than the aftermarket blades. The Toyota ones seem to last a lot longer.

The cost of the inserts is much better than any aftermarket wiper blade if you have to pay full retail.

Better than etching a perfect arc in your windshield.
Don't ask me how I know.

Acura dealer charged me like $10 for the pair; that was years ago.
Nowadays I just buy the Costco Michelin blades. Easy peasy.

They're what I use on my Hondas. I have dealer not far that doesn't ask Honda top retail, very reasonable. And significantly cheaper than buying a new blade. Recently found out Honda inserts work on at least some Nissan vehicles. Found that out when shopping for Rogue blades with google, refills came up on Nissan forum. Still have Honda insert part number for 2017 gen Rogue.

Back