Honda Small Claims Court

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be great press.....except she might drag them into court because her "40 mpg Cruze" was only getting 25 mpg because of her poor driving habits.

Originally Posted By: Spector
I think the point I like here is that class action suits are basically a waste of effort for the average consumer but great for the attorneys. Although an attorney herself she beat the law firms by going to small claims and showed the public it can be done. We have too many frivolous law suits now but small claims is a different matter. I like the idea of bypassing the attorney scum who syphon off all the real money in a law suit, I will consider small claims if I even have a similar situation in the future.

Exactly. The class action would have netted her something like a $200 credit towards to a new Honda. Oh boy!

To me, it would at least be worth the shot of opting out and taking your chances in small claims court. Depending on your state, small claims is designed to give the "little guy" a chance, even if you don't happen to be an attorney yourself.

It is worth mentioning that Honda is appealing though, and in California that means it goes to "real" court and Honda can use proper counsel now. Apparently there is some program for non-attorneys to get an attorney in these situations without going broke, but you know what they say about cheap attorneys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back