Honda Pilot Transfer Case Gear Oil?

So have some leftover original Mercedes 75W-85W laying around, can I use it in transfer case of Honda Pilot calling for SAE 80W-90, GL4/5?

Thanks for the help and advise (y)

Thanks, owner manual calls for SAE 80W-90, GL4 and GL5.

Being Mercedes specific wasn't sure if it's same or just go ahead and buy SAE 80W-90?

When it comes to differentials, transfer cases, etc. I would stick with what the manufacturer recommends. Will the other stuff work? You won’t know until something happens or doesn’t happen.

So have some leftover original Mercedes 75W-85W laying around, can I use it in transfer case of Honda Pilot calling for SAE 80W-90, GL4/5?

Thanks for the help and advise (y)
What year Honda Pilot? I see you have 2007 Honda Pilot EX-L listed.

It matters. The transfer case separate fluid was eliminated sometime before 2005, the one I had. After that it shares ATF with the transmission.

if your manual saiz GL-4 or GL-5 is ok... then you should be fine....
I found out my MDX requires GL-5.. ive used GL-4 twice in the past... now its all GL-5
I dont have evidence of any issues so far... as i do OCI on the transfer case often..

I have a 2013 Honda Crosstour purchased new. At the first oil change (recommended by the computer) I changed all the driveline fluids. The transfer case oil looked like black, large curd cottage cheese. I refilled it with Mobil 1 75w-90 gear oil. I have replaced it a few times since, it comes out looking new. I did not worry that I did not have 80w-90 oil. Never any issues. I suggest you change it. For what it is worth, I use the Honda fluids for the transmission and the rear end.

^^ agreed.. although the OP asked about the transfer case..
rear DIF is proprietary DPSF ... Honda/Acura,,, -- IF you have any version of AWD [ or Acura's SH-AWD..]..
i have found NO substitution form that fluid... period...
Transmission,.. many options available...
my 2c
J