Honda Gx270 engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking at a new pressure waher with a Honda GX 270 engine.The pump is rated at 3500 psi.My question is can I put a 4000 psi pump on this motor in the future?Is there a certain hp needed for this 4000 psi pump?Thanks Joe

The fast answer is probably not.

The long answer is that HP demand is a function of both pressure and flow. It's entirely possible to construct a pump that makes 4000 PSI that does not require 11 or 13HP or even 15HP like the commonly available 4000 PSI, 4.0 GPM pumps.

I'm not aware that anyone makes a 4000 PSI, 2.0 GPM pump.

Originally Posted by Joeescape63
The pump is rated at 3500 psi.My question is can I put a 4000 psi pump on this motor in the future?

confused.gif
At what point does one realize 2500 psi is insufficient.... but another 500 psi would do the job instead?
confused.gif

The Regulator should limit the Pressure you need? Will you ever need 4000PSI? plus the tips limit the pressure. I have a GX390 With a Cat pump rated a 4000PSI but never need to go up that high.

Originally Posted by Linctex
Confused: At what point does one realize 2500 psi is insufficient.... but another 500 psi would do the job instead?
I was thinking the same thing. In my case I have a 2600 PSI pressure washer and 3-story house with a 9/12 pitch roof. It is difficult to reach that last four feet of the peak from an 18-foot ladder. I can get the job done with the highest pressure nozzle, but it takes some time. By that I mean an extra 20 minutes every 2-3 years. The OP may have a more challenging application.

Originally Posted by Joeescape63
I'm looking at a new pressure washer with a Honda GX 270 engine.

For what its worth, I've had big/medium/small pressure washers in service for years, and I almost always grab the small Honda GX200 pressure washer out of the shed. I use the GX200 about 90% of the time.

The fuel savings on the smaller engine are pretty substantial and it still gets the job done most of the time.

So .... do you really need the bigger engine?

Originally Posted by hatt
Water flow cleans. PSI sells pressure washers.

Just as Hatt said, flow cleans, and pressure sells. Ive had a power washing business for 17 years and have used all sorts of machines. Theres pretty much no reason in the world for 4000 psi. My front line machine is 8gpm running about 1000 psi on a 13 hp engine and can clean decks, concrete, and houses with no problem.

With the 270, you will be limited to pumps designed for a 3/4 shaft. If I had to change out a 3/4" shaft pump, Id go with something like this. 3GPM is probably max for a 3/4" shaft pump.

https://www.thepumpoutlet.com/ar-pressure-washer-pump-rcv3g25d-f7-3-4-2500-psi-w-plumbing-kit/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back