Honda Filter 15400-PLM-A02 Are these counterfeit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Helpme
Sorry guys but I cannot cut one open because the seller is allowing me to return all (10) filters for a refund.

I have to say having sold quite a bit on Ebay, you are that 1 in a thousand buyer that I hate to get. Fails to do their due diligence in researching what they are getting and then are plain ignorant of what they get and want the world to make them feel warm and fuzzy about the purchase.

Your a prime example of why Ebay needs negative feedback for buyers again for sellers.

I will bet a cold beer that since you only joined for your current debacle, you will fade away to never be heard from again.

^^^Well said, and in this case imo the OP completely overreacted and made incorrect assumptions. I've never sold anything on ebay, but viewing this I'm not sure I'd would want to if this is what's involved with keeping 100% satisfaction rating.

Originally Posted By: Hootbro
Sorry guys but I cannot cut one open because the seller is allowing me to return all (10) filters for a refund.

I have to say having sold quite a bit on Ebay, you are that 1 in a thousand buyer that I hate to get. Fails to do their due diligence in researching what they are getting and then are plain ignorant of what they get and want the world to make them feel warm and fuzzy about the purchase.

Your a prime example of why Ebay needs negative feedback for buyers again for sellers.

I will bet a cold beer that since you only joined for your current debacle, you will fade away to never be heard from again.

01.gif

My case is a little difference with OP.

3-4 years ago I bought air filter for my S2000, the fairly new seller with less than 50 feedback advertised Genuine OEM Honda air filter at a little more expensive than Purolator filter but less than local Honda dealer. I bought it and then I received Purolator filter made in China. The quality is much lower than OEM.

I contacted seller several times and received no respond at all. Filled complaint with eBay, they contact seller and couple days later they told me to ship it to eBay with prepaid postage to get full refund included shipping.

There are some not so good buyers and then there are some not so honest seller.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR

My case is a little difference with OP.

3-4 years ago I bought air filter for my S2000, the fairly new seller with less than 50 feedback advertised Genuine OEM Honda air filter at a little more expensive than Purolator filter but less than local Honda dealer. I bought it and then I received Purolator filter made in China. The quality is much lower than OEM.

I contacted seller several times and received no respond at all. Filled complaint with eBay, they contact seller and couple days later they told me to ship it to eBay with prepaid postage to get full refund included shipping.

There are some not so good buyers and then there are some not so honest seller.

I sold a Dreambox on Ebay and I have sold other FTA units... However I sold some Guy a Dreambox and he wanted to circumvent DISH NETWORK and get FREE Dish Network TV.

I told him that I COULD NOT and WOULD NOT HELP him with that...

He then did a dispute and said the unit would not do what it was suppose to ** and it could if he knew how **
smile.gif
and they still can if you know HOW...
smile.gif

However I was not going to help him with that.. no way.

I showed Ebay the emails from the buyer....

Ebay said the buyer could send me back the Dreambox and charge me shipping costs.

and I said well what If I ship it back.....

The ebay rep said Yes you can do that, but it will just be a big circle...

Finally I called up Nagrastar the encryption team to DISH NETWORK and showed them the emails and they bought the Dreambox from me. It was unopened still in the box he shipped it in and they did this to see what this buyer did and about 2 months later I saw his name on satscams site for being busted for Dishnetwork piracy.

So thats what he gets.

So my point is there are some bad buyers on Ebay and some bad sellers..

however there are good sellars and good buyers.

It sucks when people play games like that.

I knew a guy that bought some stuff on ebay and got a PHONE BOOK!

but to get the topic of this post... as I said all along, I think they are real A02 and he should just use em.

Last edited:
New A02's do not say honeywell. The plant in Canada they were made in closed.

They are now made by Fram in the United States. (Honeywell was Fram too).

Those look real to me...

Anyway, let us know what you get next... H&A sells A01's and they will be "real".

Originally Posted By: DuckRyder

Those look real to me...

Anyway, let us know what you get next... H&A sells A01's and they will be "real".

Really? All the A02 I have bought said Honeywell on them

20140319_152354.jpg

but I still stand by what I said... Im sure they are real Honda A02 filters.

ever see this?

honfilter_zpsdd47afe9.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: David1

Those look real to me...

Really? All the A02 I have bought said Honeywell on them....

That's because you have OLD stock A02 filters. And, imo your repeated posted pics are one the main reasons for the OP confusion, and the thought that not having Fram's previous owner Honeywell (thus the word "was" in DR's quote) on the can was of some kind of significance now, IT ISN'T. Also a reason why I won't repost the old A02 in the quote of this post.

So stand by what you said, but as DR and others having given accurate information in this thread have said, current/new A02's DO NOT have Honeywell on the can, as Honeywell is no longer in the filter business and haven't been since 2011.

So in answer to the question, yes really! "NEW AO2 do not say Honeywell" is the accurate statement.

Honeywell-Completes-Sale-Of-Its-Consumer-Products-Group-Business-To-Rank-Group/2011

Originally Posted By: sayjac

Those look real to me...

Really? All the A02 I have bought said Honeywell on them....

That's because you have OLD stock A02 filters. And, imo your repeated posted pics are one the main reasons for the OP confusion, and the thought that not having Fram's previous owner Honeywell (thus the word "was" in DR's quote) on the can was of some kind of significance now, IT ISN'T. Also a reason why I won't repost the old A02 in the quote of this post.

So stand by what you said, but as DR and others having given accurate information in this thread have said, current/new A02's DO NOT have Honeywell on the can, as Honeywell is no longer in the filter business and haven't been since 2011.

So in answer to the question, yes really! "NEW AO2 do not say Honeywell" is the accurate statement.

Honeywell-Completes-Sale-Of-Its-Consumer-Products-Group-Business-To-Rank-Group/2011

Okay.... excuse me... I had A02s last year and they said Honeywell on them.. but probably older stock at local Honda dealer.

I had no idea about the sale of Honeywell.

So Honeywell made fram but first Bendix Corporation did then Allied Signal then Honeywell and now Rank Group...

Never seen a Filter company bought out so many times.

I have noticed they are doing more advertising.

I'm a UFC FAN and I noticed more commercials during UFC and the FRAM CAM when they are in the fighters corners.

and the TV Commercials are very funny.

ANYWAYS.. I hope you let us know how all this turns out and what filter you get next.

Again look for the A01s

...I had no idea about the sale of Honeywell.

It's noted in detail several times starting on page three in this very thread prior to my latest quoted response. I thought surely you had read at least one of them prior to the quoted reply.
21.gif

Originally Posted By: sayjac
...I had no idea about the sale of Honeywell.

It's noted in detail several times starting on page three in this very thread prior to my latest quoted response. I thought surely you had read at least one of them prior to the quoted reply.
21.gif

Do you know if the RANK Company will make any alterations to the filters?

Or just do more advertising as they are doing now.

as i said they have many funny commercials.. sorta like GEICO Commercials but only one when a UFC event is on.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back