Honda A02 Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's some pictures of a honda fram a02 cut open. It was used for a little over 10 months ~5K with maxlife 5w30
The filter itself was pretty solid actually. Filter had a lot of oil left inside, the adbv is parker. Some of the blue chips is from the cutting.
honda1.jpg

honda3.jpg

A little gap
honda4.jpg

hondaa02.jpg

honda5.jpg

OMG! It didnt self destruct and explode the Honda motor?!
wink.gif
Media looks good. I got a Subaru by fram OEM on our Forester.

Last edited:
That is a pretty solid filter....no distortion there.

WAIT, WAIT, no, it can't be - it has cardboard end-caps! They are automatically bad, no matter what the media looks like!

Soory, I forgot!

:p

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
What happens on the Toyota THAI Denso with NO end caps? Maybe the buggers took them off so no one would complain about them ... :)

I just cut a Toyota OEM Denso open a week ago. Yes, there are no end caps, but all the pleat ends are glued together. Not sure if I like the design or not - it is rather ingenues though. It does take some effort to separate the pleat ends. I'll probably switch to using PureONEs after the last of my Denso filters are gone.

Originally Posted By: FZ1
Very dirty oil. Go to 6 months max.

I'd say that oil doesn't look that bad for 5K miles.

That's interesting. I posted a purolator before and someone said dirty oil too. It has been running maxlife for a while now. The thing is this car doesn't see a lot of mileage. Oh the 5k is kilometres.

My last OC, I cut open a dealer installed A02 and it looked similar @ ~6k (mi.) and 10 months, It's very similar in design to the Fram Tough Guard.

The question is, why would I pay for the Honda @ ~ $5.+, when I can get the Pure One with better efficiency and metal endcap construction for the same or less money? I'm currently running the P1 with QS HP for an extended OCI to ~ 5-10% of OLM or 1 Year.

Thanks for the pics.

Just noticed that it's 5 kilometers which is only ~3k miles. No reason even a Fram should look bad at that OCI, IMO.

I my service on the Subaru, I
I've found the P-shape base gaskets on the OEM Honeywell do not leak - I've had leaks with the Wix and Purolator. I prefer purolator overall though. Recall the subaru has a 23 psid bypass spec.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back