Honda 15400-PLM-A01 (Filtec) Available

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those who like the Filtec A01 oil filter over the Honeywell A02, College Hills Honda has them in stock. They can be hard to find locally.

$5.74 before shipping, so it's not really a bargain. Otherwise I'd have posted in the penny pincher section.
grin2.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Also back in stock at H&A Accessories. Cheaper there and they have a six pack special.

Originally Posted By: Hermann
Also back in stock at H&A Accessories. Cheaper there and they have a six pack special.

Before ordering OEM filters from H&A, I recommend you call first and insist that H&A send you only the AO1 filter if that's what you want. I mention this because, if you read their online ad, it says the A01 is "[the] same as the 15400-PLM-A02." I can tell you from experience they will substitute one for other as a matter of their convenience. (Note: I'm not faulting H&A; it's just that, to them, one is as good as another.)

Originally Posted By: tropic
Originally Posted By: Gurney
...to [H&A Accessories], one is as good as another....

In all honesty, they're probably right.
wink.gif

Are you kidding? Look how lovely the A01 looks
grin2.gif

filter.jpg

BTW, news of the availability of the A01 filter is quickly making the rounds of the Honda boards. I Googled the part number and saw the following comment on an Odyssey board. It's a posting by an HandA-representative: "We've gotten a couple shipments of the 15400-PLM-A01 oil filters in from Honda so they are currently available online. As long as it says that part number in the description that is what we will ship. (Once they are gone we will remove the 15400-PLM-A01 part# from the description.)"

If I were needing a Honda oil filter, the A-01 with metal endcaps would be preferable. For me anyway.

Seems like a sound plan to make sure that's what you are getting before you order.

Next time I see them at work, I'm buying a case for my Honda friends.

If only if Honda can sell their HAMP Synergy filters...

Last edited:
I received this picture from Johnny this morning. While he was having the oil changed on his wife's Honda Element he snapped this picture with his camera phone in the waiting room.

This is the Honda A02 oil filter.

hof.jpg

My car has almost always used the A02 filters exclusively from the dealership the previous owner used. My engine's still running perfect. I personally prefer the A01 though. I bought 5 of them from a source I have, and I also have 5 HAMP filters I bought from a user here a while back. I gave one to a friend who also has an Integra and I haven't used one myself yet. I have used an A01 2 summers ago, and it worked great. UOA came back excellent and it always built up oil pressure instantly. I wish I would've cut it open...

Originally Posted By: sayjac
If I were needing a Honda oil filter, the A-01 with metal endcaps would be preferable. For me anyway.

Seems like a sound plan to make sure that's what you are getting before you order.

The A01 doesn't have metal endcaps. It's almost the same end caps as the E-core. The picture that was posted is the older filter that was used before the A01 and A02 were made.

Hmmmmm, ok then, the A-01 doesn't have metal endcaps. And, the pic in link below is not an A-01, then what is the advantage of the Filtec. If the only difference is it's not made by Fram, then why all the hub-bub.
21.gif
The link looks similar to the one at my dealer had while he was using the A-02.

fwiw, I just installed a Pure One in an 07 Accord under warranty. I kept the top of the box, a copy of the receipt. I have no worries.

Try this pic of A01.
/www.handa-accessories.com/a01open.jpg" target="_blank">http://www.handa-accessories.com/a01open.jpg" alt="" />

That last picture doesn't look like the A01's that I have. Mine don't have the Honda logo on the top of the can. Does anyone want me to go cut one open in the name of science? I have 4 left. The one on the left is the A01 I have and the right is a HAMP:
p9020131.jpg

Its because the old A01's were made by Toyo Roki in Japan. Thats the ones with the honda logo on the top. The new ones are made by filtec (which is owned by toyo Roki) And are made in canada I believe? Id have to go to my garage and look to be certain. I think honda is now making more of these filters in canada because for a while you couldent find them and now that you can these ones while the same internaly are different. Seriously though my god it dosent mattter if it has metal endcaps or not! I like that the A02 has a "outie nipple" that makes it easyer to screw onto the block when I am blindly putting it on!

Originally Posted By: StevieC
I received this picture from Johnny this morning. While he was having the oil changed on his wife's Honda Element he snapped this picture with his camera phone in the waiting room.

hof.jpg

StevieC, thanks for posting this for me. It is hard to tell from my cell phone camera with the poor lighting, but the filter element itself looks a lot better than an orange can FRAM. I thought the construction looked quite nice with the o-ring type gasket, silicon anti-drain back valve, and the end caps looked to be very heavy duty and well attached. I have no problem at all in using these A02 filters.

Originally Posted By: Johnny
Originally Posted By: StevieC

hof.jpg

StevieC, thanks for posting this for me. It is hard to tell from my cell phone camera with the poor lighting, but the filter element itself looks a lot better than an orange can FRAM. I thought the construction looked quite nice with the o-ring type gasket, silicon anti-drain back valve, and the end caps looked to be very heavy duty and well attached. I have no problem at all in using these A02 filters.

How many miles do you go before you change the filter Johnny? Honda says you can go 20,000! I to this point have only been going 6k.

I change my oil and filters every 5K. An easy number for my old brain to remember. The wife's Honda operates under extreme severe service and it only took her 7 months to get to 5K. I change by mileage, not by time.

Originally Posted By: Johnny
StevieC, thanks for posting this for me. ...

Anytime!
thumbsup2.gif

That's a nice cell phone picture BTW. My Blackberry doesn't seem even do that good of a job!
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: tropic
For those who like the Filtec A01 oil filter over the Honeywell A02, College Hills Honda has them in stock. They can be hard to find locally.

$5.74 before shipping, so it's not really a bargain. Otherwise I'd have posted in the penny pincher section.
grin2.gif

Just another place I have found the A01 filter is H&A. Just a few cents cheaper though, they sell it in a 6 pack for a bigger discount.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back