homelite trimmer won't start

Status
Not open for further replies.
my homelite trimmer was running perfect then in the middle of using it - it died and I haven't been able to get it started again. I changed the gas, replaced the plug, checked the muffler, cleaned the air filter. What else can I do?

Sounds like trash in the carb.See if you can clean that sucker out real good.Put new diagphram on it and see how it does.

Drizzle some gas on the air filter. If that makes it try to start then take the carb apart and clean it.

I would take the filter off completely and try starting. Also was the trimmer running funny when it kicked out. I sounds like an electrical thing...just kicks out clean.

But first you need to know if there is spark.

Also make sure all your bolts/bits are tight. I saw one of those vibrate the bolts loose and there was no seal at the carb. I've also had the fun of diagnosing one for a friend where the actual jug came apart! Loctite is your friend with these guys!

Originally Posted By: Chris142
My weedeater quit in mid cut. The rubber fuel bulb cracked and it wont suck fuel. I cant find a new bulb either.
Try an online small engine part supplier.I think their is a company named "Oregon" that distribute a lot of small engine parts.

Originally Posted By: gonzo
Originally Posted By: Chris142
My weedeater quit in mid cut. The rubber fuel bulb cracked and it wont suck fuel. I cant find a new bulb either.
Try an online small engine part supplier.I think their is a company named "Oregon" that distribute a lot of small engine parts.
Theres no small engine places within 60 miles of here. We had a guy but he took off with everybody's stuff.

I think I found on on Ebay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back