Hologram on TRD Filter Box

Shel_B

Site Donor 2023
I was watching an episode of The Care Care Nut in which he was pointing out ways to distinguish counterfeit parts from original Toyota parts. He showed an example of the box for original Toyota oil filters, and it had a high-quality hologram on it.

Toyota Filter Box.JPG

I'm wondering if the TRD filter box also has a hologram on it. I no longer have the box that came with my TRD filter, but don't recall seeing a hologram. Does anyone know if the box is supposed to have a hologram? Thanks!

Where did you buy the TRD filter from? If it was from a Toyota dealer then most likely it wasn't counterfeit.

I'm not concerned about my filter being counterfeit. I'm interested in knowing if the TRD filter box is supposed to have a hologram sticker on it, like the Toyota filter box. Couldn't find anything online about it.

Searching the 'net seems to indicate no hologram sticker on TRD filter boxes. The TRD filters are made in the USA (looks to be same as a Royal Purple full synthetic). The Toyota filters with the hologram stickers are all the Denso made filters. The market for TRD filters probably isn't attractive to the counterfeiters due to much lower volume than regular Toyota/Denso filters.

1627771231304.png

1627771435709.png

No sticker on my new TRD box.
Thanks for jumping in. I've noticed that the TRD filters for my car (PTR43-00082) have gotten pretty spendy. The seller from whom I purchased the last filter now wants about 35% more for it. Had to look real hard to find one at a final selling price (including shipping) below $20.00.

Thanks for jumping in. I've noticed that the TRD filters for my car (PTR43-00082) have gotten pretty spendy. The seller from whom I purchased the last filter now wants about 35% more for it. Had to look real hard to find one at a final selling price (including shipping) below $20.00.

The TRD filters I have don’t have that sticker. Only the genuine OE Toyota filter boxes have them.

You might be able to find a better price on the Royal Purple filter. I think 20-967 is the cross to that TRD filter but double check at royal purple’s site. They are the same filter.

I like the TRD oil filters as well, but they have gone up in cost over the past year.

I've not yet checked the RP, but have been aware of it for some time. Thanks for bringing it up and reminding me. I found a good price on the TRD and ordered one last night, but it seems that it's time to look for some better deals.
Thanks for jumping in ...

That's who I bought my previous filter from and paid less than $20.00 with shipping. Now (as of yesterday) the price was $24.50 + tax. I had the filter in my cart on Amazon but waited a few days before ordering, and as a result, lost the lower price.

Back