Holding a Napa Platium...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Napa Platinum in my hand. It is not the same filter as an Amsoil filter. The can is a standard Wix style can, where as the Amsoil uses a very heavy differently shapped rounded end can. The element inside does look similar the the Nanofiber. The element is White with wire mesh. Silcone ADBV, nitrle o-ring. It does look good, but for about the same price you can buy the EaO with the heavy duty can. Other than that, looks great.

I've been using Fram Extended Guards for a few years now, extremely well made for extended OCI's, I may switch to the NAPA after I get a look at one cut open, I'm sold on the wire mesh backing for the media, I think that's a great idea for bolstering the durability.

Originally Posted By: MADMIKE
. ..I'm sold on the wire mesh backing for the media, I think that's a great idea for bolstering the durability.

If you have coolant leaking in your oil - or lots of blowby/condensate. Note that the mesh will most likely displace filter media/paper area.

Originally Posted By: Johnny248
I have a Napa Platinum in my hand. It is not the same filter as an Amsoil filter.

I thought we had already established that from the NAPA Online pictures? Can you post some anyway?

I called my NAPA, and they said be a couple more weeks before they have them.
Thanks for posting!

Depending on which one u need columbus dc has most p#'s
in stock . Just tell your napa store to order it from a shuttle dc in your area
and there wont be any extra charges.

Originally Posted By: MetalSlug
Need some one buy one and cut open and post pix here.

I will when I can get my hands on one.

Originally Posted By: MetalSlug
Need some one buy one and cut open and post pix here.

i'm going buy napa today. if i can get one I will cut it open and post pics

10emot5.jpg

http://i53.tinypic.com/10emot5.jpg

gonna cut it open and take pics. I will start another thread for it.

should be up in about an hour

Kinda looks like a Bosch D+ filter canister(subtly different). Just saying...

5150038_dps_d3323_pri_larg.jpg

EDIT: Wix site has NAPA Platinum on some cross-reference, but no ratings or pics yet, only referral to traditional WIX/NG rated etc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back