Hobbies that are indoors and don't involve TV screens or computers?

Exactly. The goal is to have something you can do in the evenings that improves the brain and hand dexterity, and does not require being on the web and getting sucked into whatever brainless entertainment it offers.
Shaving! Many people on the shaving forums, such as Badger and Blade, consider it a hobby. There are many kinds of razor to buy and use, or to collect, plus a wide variety of soaps, creams, brushes, aftershaves, and colognes.

The drawback is that, depending on your beard and skin type, you can only do it up to 7 times a week. (Some of us might need to shave 2x a day, I guess.)

Ive started to dabble in lamp making. Ive made so far for one buddy of mine who is a big mopar fan, a lamp made out of a Mopar oil filter. Another buddy of mine i made a lamp out of an old 1970s CO2 fire extinguisher that the recharge place refused to hydrotest and refill. I made my self a small Quaker state oil filter lamp for my nightstand and am working on making an AB motor starter disconnect into a lamp that can also be turned on and off by throwing the large disconnect handle.

Tools lol. Sometimes I stand and look at all my tools for hours and pick them up and think of the stories behind them or the last time I used it or who the previous owner was or could have bought it for. I especially do that to my wartime tools 😂😂😂. I know that is very strange but that is a hobby and to me tools don’t get boring and I’m sure every member here has a toolbox in their house and probably numerous tools like me and buys more every month lol. I have 3 toolboxes full of tools and cardboard boxes and totes full of tools stacked in my basement. I love going thru all of them and posting them on my tool forum that I am on. I don’t have to take pictures of them or post them though so I don’t need a computer or phone to do it I could think of them and look at them for hours without electronics.

Back