HOAT G-05

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok it's time to change the coolant in my 08 Dodge Ram with the 6.7 diesel. In the last 7 years has things changed or it it still best to use the HOAT G-05 or is there something better to use.
And yes this is the first coolant change.

just use the g05 it's like $13/gallon. You only need like 2 gallons. It takes about 4 gallons of 50/50 mix.

Thanks guys,I was just wondering if something had been found to do a better job then the HOAT G-05 as I don't see much talk about it on the Forum. I see talk about the OAT G-05 but not about the HOAT.

Jerry

John Deere Coolgard II. It is pretty much G-05 with anti-cavitation additives for diesels. Can be mixed with G-05, no need for a complete flush. And it's about the same price as Zerex from Napa, or close enough to not really matter.

Some Deere dealers also sell it in very convenient 2.5 gallon jugs. It is also available in regular gallons. To my knowledge, all Coolgard II is premix though. I have never seen a concentrate form.

I have been running a mix of Zerex G-05 and JD Coolgard II in my truck for years with no issues. Original water pump, super clean reservoir and everything else.

Originally Posted By: goingwest
Thanks guys,I was just wondering if something had been found to do a better job then the HOAT G-05 as I don't see much talk about it on the Forum. I see talk about the OAT G-05 but not about the HOAT.

Jerry

Well, Fiat/Chrysler has their 10yr/150k OAT now but you have to be very sure not to mix it with the HOAT. Plus its expensive... If I recall it's something like $60-70 per gallon at the dealer.
crazy2.gif

The G-05 Zerex is your best bet. Cheap and no worries about mixing with another chemistry.
The pepboys near me has full strength for $18 per gallon.

Jerry

G05 has an oxidation state of 2. Rotella Ultra ELC has an oxidation state of 6. Level of protection goes to Ultra ELC by far.

Originally Posted By: DoubleWasp

Jerry

G05 has an oxidation state of 2. Rotella Ultra ELC has an oxidation state of 6. Level of protection goes to Ultra ELC by far.

Elc Ultra is intriguing... But only available online 6 gallons at a time in concentrate. Where are you buying it in less than that?

I am slowly switching my vehicles over to Peak Global Lifetime.
It is an advanced OAT compatible with most all makes/types of coolant and is a phosphate free and silicate free non 2EH formula. Having many different engines that all require different formulas this is a great solution to avoid having to stock several different types of antifreeze.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
Originally Posted By: DoubleWasp

Jerry

Elc Ultra is intriguing... But only available online 6 gallons at a time in concentrate. Where are you buying it in less than that?

I go straight to the International Truck dealer. They never seem to be out of it.

Originally Posted By: jrmason
I am slowly switching my vehicles over to Peak Global Lifetime.
It is an advanced OAT compatible with most all makes/types of coolant and is a phosphate free and silicate free non 2EH formula. Having many different engines that all require different formulas this is a great solution to avoid having to stock several different types of antifreeze.

Unless you are talking about Final Charge Global, that isn't going to be nearly as effective as an actual heavy duty coolant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back