Hit and Run

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a cheap dash cam I bought off Amazon. Unfortunately I bought the wrong SD card so I have to order another one. When I get it working I'll post a review of it. I watched a few youtube videos of people who had the same camera and the quality seemed decent for the price.

I got rear-ended (hit and run) in Spokane last summer at a red light camera intersection and the Spokane police dept would not review the camera footage to find the guy. Maybe a dash cam in the rear window too?

I was not there.

It sounds like you annoyed someone and another driver got the brunt of that.

Drive more carefully?

It would be interesting to see some stats on the incidence of rear end collisions in intersections before and after the installation of red light cameras. One of the criticisms leveled against them is that they increase those types of collisions due to aggressive braking when the light is on yellow.

I use a Mobius camera ($90 on Amazon) on both my motorcycle and car. It's very small, and I routed a wire to the camera that is mounted by the rear view mirror, totally unnoticeable. It automatically records when powers on and off (switched power from the cigarette power), and automatically overwrites the oldest video.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
I use my iPhone plugged into a car charger as a dash cam on a suction mount, there's free dash cam apps, I have the microphone turned off on my app so it doesn't record the audio of any profanity that may come out of my mouth when showing the video to whoever I need to show it to
blush.gif

Just watch Driving in Russia videos to learn a new vocabulary. My favorite is "blyat"

Originally Posted By: EdwardC
I use a Mobius camera ($90 on Amazon) on both my motorcycle and car. It's very small, and I routed a wire to the camera that is mounted by the rear view mirror, totally unnoticeable. It automatically records when powers on and off (switched power from the cigarette power), and automatically overwrites the oldest video.

I have the same camera in my wife's Abarth.
Fantastic video quality in 5 minute long files.

I have a different one for my CX-5.

BC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back