High Performance Lubricants Premium Plus PCMO 0W-20, gear oil, and ATF - I'm excited, UPS just dropped off the packages

• Thread starter Deleted member 89374
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 89374

After reading many posts and even entire threads about @High Performance Lubricants of Manteno, IL, and talking a couple of times to Mr. David Ward, I decided to give their product a try in our brand new 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee WK2 with the 3.6 V6 Pentastar and the MP3023 transfer case (ATF+ 4).

I went ahead and ordered the following lubricants from High Performance Lubricants:
The ordering process was super-simple via their distributor's website: https://www.advlubrication.com/collections/automotive-lubricants

Usually, when I order lubricants online, I always cringe when they get delivered, fearing damaged packages and oil leaks. This wasn't the case here, though. All products were well packaged. HPL uses thicker than standard corrugated cardboard boxes and strong tape to keep those boxes closed. Bellow, you can see pictures of the vehicle the fluids are going in. I will try to document and post the fluid changes best I can or make a video if my schedule allows it. This is my wife's car, and she loves it. I have also included pictures of the actual products that I received. I am impressed with the attention to detail. They even included plastic tips for the gear oil, and all bottles are graded on fluid ounces and milliliters. I learned to appreciate little details like this after using Red Line Oil for a while and their goofy packaging. Thank you, @High Performance Lubricants, for your excellent presentation and delivery!

2022_jeep.jpg
tcase.jpg

pppcmo_0W-20.jpg
pppcmo_0W-20_back.jpg

atf_blue_cc.jpg
atf_blue_cc_back.jpg

75W-90_gear_oil.jpg
75W-90_gear_oil_back.jpg

attention_to_detail.jpg
inside_the_box.jpg

I see a red imposter in the background :oops:
:oops:

That's Redline oil. I used to go ga-ga over it.

I'm coming to the August weekend event and I will be buying more! ** of @High Performance Lubricants product.

The HPL products are made with a passion you'd find in a hand-made AMG engine with a placard of the signature of the person who made it...

I would love to try some in my S4 but I have 4 cases of M1 sitting in my closet and I don't drive the car. Gotta get through that first before I buy any more oil.

That's Redline oil. I used to go ga-ga over it.
The Durango will eventually get HPL lubes all-around. However, it would not be good practice to change the current oil before it runs its course. That'd be wasteful, IMHO.

I'm coming to the August weekend event and I will be buying more! ** of @High Performance Lubricants product.
Like you, I plan on attending the event. Touring a high-end lubricant blending facility that comes with a Q&A session is a rare opportunity, and I want to take advantage of it. :)

Every molecule balanced and blueprinted, indeed!
I don't want to spoil anything. However, I found the video below while watching some engine building videos by REALSTREETPERFORMANCE:

After watching the video, for anyone wondering, the difference between the red label HPL initials and the oval High Performance Lubricants logos and brands is explained in this post: https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/t...ce-lubricants-pcmo-series.344421/post-6010992.

I was thoroughly impressed with what I saw in the video above and can't wait to see the facility in August.

The Durango will eventually get HPL lubes all-around. However, it would not be good practice to change the current oil before it runs its course. That'd be wasteful, IMHO.

Like you, I plan on attending the event. Touring a high-end lubricant blending facility that comes with a Q&A session is a rare opportunity, and I want to take advantage of it. :)

I don't want to spoil anything. However, I found the video below while watching some engine building videos by REALSTREETPERFORMANCE:

After watching the video, for anyone wondering, the difference between the red label HPL initials and the oval High Performance Lubricants logos and brands is explained in this post: https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/t...ce-lubricants-pcmo-series.344421/post-6010992.

I was thoroughly impressed with what I saw in the video above and can't wait to see the facility in August.

I have minimal to add, except that this will be a three-peat for me and I agree with all that you say.

And yes, I did originally come to buy product.. the Engine Cleaner or EC interested me, and I, personally, have an issue paying tolls (whenever at all avoidable in a reasonable manner) and especially shipping. lol.

I see Dave has invited all attendees a 25% discount on products.. I would really encourage those perhaps new to the brand to give the oils a shot! Even specialty applications. They speak your language.

Two thumbs up. Way up.

Today I finally had some time to put the oil in and also installed a magnetic drain plug (Votex DP001). Those are always fun. I wonder how many times @wwillson got his stuck to the oil pan before he could finally thread it in. That neodymium magnet is strong:

1655171963011.png
1655171819780.png

1655171835341.png

I plan on upgrading the oil pan to an aluminum heavy-duty pan when I do the next oil change. @wwillson this one also works on the Durango. I actually have one on the way for our Durango because for some reason debris hit that metal pan on the Durango much worse than on the Jeep. The pan on the Durango is already scratched up and I even applied a bit of enamel paint in some spots so it doesn't build up rust.

1655172127141.png
1655172157052.png
1655172180758.png

Website: https://ppepower.com/collections/oi...ts/engine-oil-pan-3-6l?variant=42081937785075

I took the picture after I poured the oil into the engine, so the bottles are actually empty and the engine was running while I took the shot. Tomorrow I'll do the transfer case wit ATF Blue CC and the diffs with Differential Life 75W-90.

1655172294181.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I finally managed to change the oil in the diffs and transfer case yesterday. I was pleasantly surprised wowed when I started pumping the HP Blue ATF into the transfer case, and it came out blue. The Jeep has all HPL fluids in it except for the transmission, which will get HP Green ATF CC pretty soon, once I get the PPE aluminum oil pan for it. None of the fluids had much of an odor to them.

I want to give @High Performance Lubricants a shoutout for making high-quality products. This company sets itself apart from everything I've seen in the lubrication business thus far. Instead of obfuscated language ornated with fancy marketing, they deal in facts and good information. Mr. David Ward has been fantastic in answering all my questions. HPL has a customer for life in me, and I will spread the word to as many people as I can.

I also want to thank @RDY4WAR for posting a lot of good information about HPL lubricants. I also want to thank @OVERKILL and @MolaKule for our conversations that resulted in me trying something new. If anything, I regret not trying these products sooner :)

1655312298345.jpg

I finally managed to change the oil in the diffs and transfer case yesterday. I was pleasantly surprised wowed when I started pumping the HP Blue ATF into the transfer case, and it came out blue. The Jeep has all HPL fluids in it except for the transmission, which will get HP Green ATF CC pretty soon, once I get the PPE aluminum oil pan for it. None of the fluids had much of an odor to them.

I want to give @High Performance Lubricants a shoutout for making high-quality products. This company sets itself apart from everything I've seen in the lubrication business thus far. Instead of obfuscated language ornated with fancy marketing, they deal in facts and good information. Mr. David Ward has been fantastic in answering all my questions. HPL has a customer for life in me, and I will spread the word to as many people as I can.

I also want to thank @RDY4WAR for posting a lot of good information about HPL lubricants. I also want to thank @OVERKILL and @MolaKule for our conversations that resulted in me trying something new. If anything, I regret not trying these products sooner :)

View attachment 103975

I am probably going to get some of their 75W-90 diff fluid and exchange it right there in the lot before we head up to Michigan. Or somewhere close . Same amount in same amount out.. I almost bought Royal Purple for same reason, so I can SEE.. if it is Blue then I'll never have to mention that company again. I have siphon and container.. I won't spill a drop. Thanks, @Rod Knock

Still don't know whether to do 5W-30, 5W-40, or 0W-40. Why that is such a hard decision. Maybe even if they have 0W-30. @High Performance Lubricants without going into the specifics of my application, do you have 0W-30, 5W-30 (I know you have that,) 0W-40 and 5W-40 PCMO? I know its summer with the AC on for long distance so. Maybe a 40 .

Could likely do the same for my PCMO, as I have a Fumoto valve.

Debating on using Liqui Moly Mos2 and/or Ceratec on the way.. that stuff makes your oil look like Milk of Magnesia. But my stash of HPL products.. I have a half a quart left. I used it all!

I'd love to see how much it darkens from Manteno, IL to our destination. I'll change the filter (messier, even with an Oil Udder) before departure, in my garage. (THAT would be too messy to change on site.) Maybe have a present for @53' Stude

That oil is some special stuff.

Not to advertise too much but.. the event is only in 6 weeks, folks. I'm genuinely looking forward to having a good time. And I've perfected the on-the-fly oil change with an empty gallon (of water), a Fumoto valve, and a paper towel for that drop or two from said valve.

Before and after? Sure.

I started this thread wanting to promote a great product and a great company. That's because I rarely find a product I am enthusiastic about where the company owner is willing to talk about their products openly without interjecting any marketing talk.

When I'm out and about, I try to spread the word about @High Performance Lubricants to people I meet who are interested in lubricants or to the businesses I interact with.

BITOG does not have any meetings or get-togethers, so this would have been an excellent opportunity for me to meet as many of you as possible. I like to make new friends, approach almost any subject within reason, and sometimes I become pretty chatty if I'm enthusiastic about certain topics. Those here who know me a little better know that sometimes I can get quite long, and probably boring, with my writings. Hey, I apologize if I ever upset any of you with that.

Unfortunately, sometimes things happen in life that are unforeseen and out of control. Due to unfortunate events that happened very recently in my family, I won't be able to attend the HPL Open House 2022 event this coming weekend.

I appreciate the conversations I had with Mr. David Ward, the owner of HPL, and I sincerely hope that I can make my way up to Manteno, IL, later on, possibly even meet at least some of you then. I also appreciate that he answered the multitude of questions I had and always offered a positive outlook on things. I am grateful for that, thank you.

OP,
'
Any updates on the blue ATF? I am considering it. If its as great as their motor oil. I'm all in...

Ty

k

OP,
'
Any updates on the blue ATF? I am considering it. If its as great as their motor oil. I'm all in...

Ty

k
I've got a couple gallons of the Green CC I am going to stick in my 8F35 in the '20 Transit Connect as soon as the weather breaks. These are notoriously finicky along with the 6F35s so I got the thinnest, most consistent fluid I could find. This is @~36.5k now on factory MULV.

I have to buy another 5 gallon pail of the Green CC for my F150 since I'm at 60k and need to get it out. This is factory fill as well...

Stumbled upon this thread while reading all things @High Performance Lubricants related. My '13 Acura TL SH-AWD with 30k miles is getting their EC 30 along with some M1 5W30 for a 2-3K OCI and then switching (permanently) to their Premium Pass Car 5W30 with an Amsoil filter and 5K OCIs. This all starts this next week when my indy tech does the big maintenance on my car flushing all of the fluids (coolant, brakes, steering, AWD transfer case, and rear diff) with the OEM Acura fluids, but in another 15k miles I would like to at least switch the AWD transfer case and rear diff to the appropriate HPL fluid.

Sub'ing to follow along and reading your impressions as time passes.

Back