hi-tach oil supplement display at parts store unbelievable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was hunting for some miscellaneous parts yesterday and came across one of the oil supplements displays. Like the lucas display with the little plastic gears you crank and watch the oil with the lucas reach the top gear with a film of oil. Well... right next to that was the display for hi tach oil supplement. I'm seen this junk on other store shelves. Their demo display has two kitchen egg beaters going into a 3 inch sump of oil. You turn the crank on the display to turn the beaters. What this is supposed to demonstrate on a positive behalf for the oil supplement I have no idea. What caught my eye when I walked by the display, and nobody was using it, was all the air entrapped in the oil. It was mind boggling
shocked.gif
! There were tiny air bubbles all throughout the 12-16 ounce sample of oil that was in the display. The oil never released the air. I have to go back to the store tonight for some junk they may have ordered for me. Maybe I will say something. It'll be interesting to see if the air was ever released from the oil.

What would the effect be on an engine or gearcase if the same thing happens to the oil in that? Maybe I can take a picture of the sample.

quote:

Originally posted by 1 FMF:
What would the effect be on an engine or gearcase if the same thing happens to the oil in that?

Nothing good! I've seen a similar display (with similar results) for the Lucas product. I'd first seen the geared unit you mentioned and been impressed. I was impressed with the climbing nature of the eggbeater test as well, but when I stopped cranking and saw the bubbles...
freak2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back